Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Felix Griffin's Editor Mod (FGEMOD)

PreviousPage 19 of 24Next

So you get an error when building the puzzle. What messages are there in the developer console?

Thanks for the video! I see the problems now.

1) Your console window is too small, I assumed everyone would have resized it for something else before using my mod. The easiest way to do this is to open a command prompt window normally, type "wmic" without the quotes, press enter, then press the Maximize button in the top right of the window. Then close it and try to run the FGEMOD again. It works a LOT better with a big window. :P

2) This is the infamous Sendificator Bug again. You need to download this package: HMW's Source
Open it with 7Zip, then find the folder inside it called maps/instances_hmw/gadgets. Copy this folder to maps/instances/hmw/gadgets (note the slash between instances and hmw!) and try to build your test again.

Hopefully it will work for you after this. :)

Falsi sumus crusto!

I have updated the choreography line list again.

- http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/global_ents_choreo.vmf
- http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/choreo.vmf
- http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/choreo_b.vmf
- http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/choreo_c.vmf
- http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/make_scenes.sh (Generator script, if you want to edit the selection)

The list of lines:

Code: Select all
        scene  3 A coop_laugh01                         # Hahahaha.
        scene  4 A botcoop_intro05                      # Good.
        scene  5 A gladosbattle_xfer07                  # No!
        scene  6 A gladosbattle_xfer10                  # (Extatic) Yes!
        scene  7 A mp_credits17                         # Cryptic.
        scene  8 A mp_credits32                         # Cheater.
        scene  9 A testchambermisc41                    # Surprise.
        scene 10 A sp_incinerator_01_03                 # There it is.
        scene 11 A sp_incinerator_01_04                 # Hold on.
        scene 12 A sp_incinerator_01_05                 # There. (Done)
        scene 13 A sp_catapult_fling_sphere_peek_failureone03 # There. Try it now.
        scene 14 A sp_catapult_fling_sphere_peek_failuretwo03 # Try it now.
        scene 15 A sp_laser_over_goo_entry01            # One moment!
        scene 16 A botcoop_artifactone05                # The end.
        scene 17 A botcoop_artifactone06                # The end?
        scene 18 A gladosbattle_xfer14                  # Not so fast.
        scene 19 A mp_credits13                         # Incoherent.
        scene 20 A sp_sphere_2nd_encounter_malfucntion02 # Miss you.
        scene 21 A mp_death26                           # Was that necessary?
        scene 22 A mp_coop_wall_5end01                  # Excellent.
        scene 23 A mp_coop_doors05a                     # Excellent. (Slightly lower pitch.)
        scene 24 A mp_coop_doors01a                     # Excellent work.
        scene 25 A mp_coop_doors04                      # Excellent work. (Slightly lower pitch.)
        scene 26 A mp_coop_doors04a                     # You're doing wonderfully.
        scene 27 A mp_coop_tbeam_catch_grind_1taunt02   # You don't need to do that.
        scene 28 A mp_coop_paint_longjump_intro08       # You did it!

scene  3 B anti_taunt01                         # Stop it!
        scene  4 B sp_sabotage_glados_confused04        # (Agitated) What are you doing!?
        scene  5 B mp_coop_catapult_wall_introdeath01   # Your failure brings back such wonderful memories.
        scene  6 B mp_death06                           # If at first you don't succeed, fail five more times.
        scene  7 B mp_death08                           # If I made these tests any easier, they wouldn't be tests.
        scene  8 B taunt_rockpaperscissors01            # I defy you to tell me there's a purpose to what you are doing.
        scene  9 B mp_hubreturn04                       # If at first you don't succeed, quit and try another course.
        scene 10 B mp_credits38                         # Ignores test at hand... Mwawawa. Won't for long.
        scene 11 B mp_credits43                         # Ignores directions.
        scene 12 B mp_coop_catapult_wall_intro04        # This isn't science.
        scene 13 B coop_privatetalk_both01              # Test chamber completed. (Random numbers)
        scene 14 B coop_privatetalk_both04              # Test chamber completed. (Random fruits)
        scene 15 B sp_unassisted_angle_fling_entry01    # This next test*bang*... is...*bang* Dangerous-I'll-be-right-back.
        scene 16 B testchambermisc12                    # Waddle over to the elevator and we'll continue testing.
        scene 17 B testchambermisc35                    # I made it all up.
        scene 18 B sp_a2_future_starter01               # If you think trapping yourself is going to make me stop testing, you're sorely mistaken. Here's another cube.
        scene 19 B sp_a2_pit_flings_future_starter01    # Uh-oh. You're stranded. Let's see if the cube will help you escape. Actually, so that we're not here all the day, I'll just cut to the chase. It won't. Any feelings you think it has for you are simply byproducts of your sad, empty life.
        scene 20 B sp_a2_pit_flings_future_starter02    # Anyway. Here's a new cube, for you to project your deranged loneliness onto.
        scene 21 B announcer/testchamber11              # (Announcer) You have trapped yourself. Congratulations. The exit door is now open.
        scene 22 B announcer/wakeup_powerup02           # (Announcer) Powerup complete.
        scene 23 B taunt_small_wave_portalgun02         # Not. Paying. Attention.
        scene 24 B taunt_trickfire_handstand01          # Now you are thinking with stupidity.
        scene 25 B taunt_trickfire_handstand01          # Now you are just not thinking.
        scene 26 B sp_column_blocker_entry01            # It's healthy for you to have other friends. Look for qualities in people that I obviously lack.
        scene 27 B mp_credits16                         # Chronically late.
        scene 28 B mp_coop_wall_5end02                  # See? Nothing bad happened.
        scene 29 B mp_coop_startend02                   # Now let's continue testing.
        scene 30 B mp_coop_paint_walljumps04            # (Fake happy) Congratulations on passing that test.

scene  3 C mp_credits61                         # Startles easily. *Boo*
        scene  4 C coop_test_chamber_both01             # (Emphasizes how the test is deathly if teamwork does not work.)
        scene  5 C sp_shoot_through_wall_entry01        # (Softly) You know, I'm not supposed to do this, but you can shoot some..thing, through the blue bridges.
        scene  6 C sp_shoot_through_wall_completion01   # (Softly) Did my hint help? It did, didn't it? You know, if any of our supervisors had been immune to neurotoxin, they'd be furious with us right now.
        scene  7 C sp_turret_intro_entry01              # (Softly) (underhanded hint about turrets firing real bullets)
        scene  8 C botcoop_artifactone_hub08            # Well, let's do some testing to see what happens.
        scene  9 C coop_test_chamber_oneplayer37        # You have gift for these tests. That's not flattery. It is a fact.
        scene 10 C coop_test_chamber_both08             # (You come off as a team, thanks to the one who does all work.)
        scene 11 C mp_taunts03                          # You're doing a great job of disappointing me.
        scene 12 C mp_subterfuge39                      # While teamwork is needed to complete these tests, I'm not sure I trust the two of you together.
        scene 13 C mp_subterfuge36                      # I have noticed that you two have become extremely close. I'm not sure I like that.
        scene 14 C mp_subterfuge34                      # How is this even science... Without the consequence of death?
        scene 15 C mp_subterfuge33                      # How is this even science - without the possibility of death?
        scene 16 C mp_subterfuge_misc11                 # Watching you try to sabotage one another... I'm amazed you're still on friendly terms.
        scene 17 C mp_humanresources01                  # Did you know we originally used these cameras to capture moments of intense pain and agony in test subjects?
        scene 18 C mp_humanresources03                  # If the subject survived the test, we let them purchase the pictures for $5. If the subject died, we gave the photo to their next of kin, free of charge.
        scene 19 C mp_coop_wall_intro03                 # You did very well.
        scene 20 C mp_coop_teambtsstart02               # This next test is so outside the box, I can't... I mean won't even tell what you are looking for.
        scene 21 C mp_coop_teambtsstart03               # You will know it when you find it.
        scene 22 C mp_coop_tbeam_end14                  # You two aren't lost, are you?
        scene 23 C mp_coop_paint_longjump_intro74       # You're making this harder than it needs to be.
        scene 24 C mp_coop_fling_1end03                 # Well done. Interesting note: I only created this test to watch test subjects fail. And you didn't. You must be very very proud. I'm building the world's smallest trophy for you.
        scene 25 C mp_coop_infinifling_trainstart01     # Electrocuted... Shocked... Drowned... Crushed... Burned in goo...
        scene 26 C mp_coop_infinifling_trainstart02     # Oh. Sorry. I was just thinking of all the ways humans can die.
        scene 27 C mp_death21                           # And here I thought this room was dangerously unlethal.

For a total of 79 lines. This will also create 82 entities to your test chamber (+ 3 entities per each choreo-box), so beware of the entity limit...

@Bisqwit:
Nice work with the glass-frames and nice work with the choreo lines, too.

I have one thing you might not know to share with you:
If you set the "TimerDelay" property "default" to "2" ... you have 1 more line for each choreo box.
When you place the choreo box in a map, it will be at "default" value of "2" (seconds) then.
You cant go back from 3 to 2, but you can always place a new one instead. :thumbup:

[back on TWP since 08. July 2017]
Steam: DrFauli

You can also get one more in there by testing for "infinity," but I don't remember which value it uses (it should be TimerSound to 0, but it's not).

Falsi sumus crusto!

Thanks for the tips!

I have updated the glass panels, as well as Felix Griffin's breakable glass panel:

Differences:
- All glass panels are now aligned pixel perfectly on the edge of the voxel the same way as the standard glass & grating barriers, fitting the shape.
- The orientation for the glass panels was corrected. They are now oriented in an intuitive manner (rather than 90 degrees off to $random direction), exactly the same way as the standard glass panels are. The "root" icon for the glass panel is still displayed in the center of the cell rather at the edge, but I don't know how to fix it.
- The glass window with large hole was rewritten and the hole made maximally big without allowing cubes to be pushed through (cubes have a width of 36.2, i.e. shortest diameter being 51.2).
- The smaller glass window is made maximally large without allowing spheres to be pushed through (spheres have a diameter of 40.1).
If your stage includes Edgeless Safety Cubes, use the window with the smaller hole. Otherwise use the larger one. This is only a cosmetic difference, as either window will never allow pushing objects through, no matter what their size is.
Again a reminder though, that you should not use the glass with hole (or grating barrier) in coop, because in coop, you can pull a cube, or other object, through any obstacle, as long as you can touch it.

Download the update here:
http://bisqwit.iki.fi/kala/ptal2/glasspanels.zip

To use in editor, use this snippet of editoritems.txt:

Code: Select all
   "Item"
   {
      "ItemClass"   "ItemButtonFloor"
      "Type"         "ITEM_GLASS_BREAK"

"Editor"
      {
         "SubTypeProperty"      "ButtonType"
         "SubType"
         {
            "Name"      "Breakable Glass"
            "Model"
            {
               "ModelName"      "glass_handle.3ds"
               "TextureName"   "buttonpedestal.png"
            }
            "Palette"
            {
               "Tooltip"      "BREAKABLE GLASS"
               "Image"         "palette/breakglass.png"
               "Position"      "1 6 0"
            }
            "Sounds"
            {
               "SOUND_CREATED"               "P2Editor.PlaceButton"
               "SOUND_EDITING_ACTIVATE"      "P2Editor.ExpandButton"
               "SOUND_EDITING_DEACTIVATE"      "P2Editor.CollapseButton"
               "SOUND_DELETED"               "P2Editor.RemoveButton"
            }
         }
         "SubType"
         {
            "Name"      "Glass with Larger Hole"
            "Model"
            {
            }
            "Sounds"
            {
            }
         }
         "SubType"
         {
            "Name"      "Glass with Smaller Hole"
            "Model"
            {
            }
            "Sounds"
            {
            }
         }
         "MovementHandle"   "HANDLE_4_DIRECTIONS"
      }
      "Properties"
      {
         "ButtonType"
         {
            "DefaultValue"   "0"
            "Index"         "0"
         }
      }
      "Exporting"
      {
         "Instances"
         {
            "0"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/fg_editor_mod/breakglass.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
            "1"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/fg_editor_mod/breakglass.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
            "2"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/bisqwit_glasspanel_hole_larger.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
            "3"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/bisqwit_glasspanel_hole_larger.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
            "4"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/bisqwit_glasspanel_hole_smaller.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
            "5"
            {
               "Name"            "instances/p2editor/bisqwit_glasspanel_hole_smaller.vmf"
               "EntityCount"      "1"
               "BrushCount"      "1"
               "BrushSideCount"   "1"
            }
         }

"TargetName"      "breakglass"
         "Inputs"
         {
            "CONNECTION_STANDARD"
            {
               "Activate"      "instance:input;Trigger"
               "Deactivate"   " "
            }
         }
         "Outputs"
         {
            "CONNECTION_STANDARD"
            {
               "Activate"      "instance:output;OnTrigger"
               "Deactivate"   " "
            }
         }

//"OccupiesVoxel"      "0"

"ConnectionPoints"
         {
            // outside voxel
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "1 0 0"
               "Pos"            "-1 6 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "-2 7 0"
               "Priority"  "0"
               "GroupID"   "0"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "1 0 0"
               "Pos"            "-1 4 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "-2 5 0"
               "Priority"  "0"
               "GroupID"   "0"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "1 0 0"
               "Pos"            "-1 2 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "-2 3 0"
               "Priority"  "0"
               "GroupID"   "0"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "1 0 0"
               "Pos"            "-1 0 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "-2 1 0"
               "Priority"  "0"
               "GroupID"   "0"
            }

// sides
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "0 1 0"
               "Pos"            "0 -1 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "1 -2 0"
               "Priority"  "1"
               "GroupID"   "1"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "0 -1 0"
               "Pos"            "0 8 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "1 9 0"
               "Priority"  "1"
               "GroupID"   "2"
            }

// inside voxel
            "Point"
            {
               "Dir"            "-1 0 0"
               "Pos"            "2 6 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "3 7 0"
               "Priority"  "2"
               "GroupID"   "3"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Pos"            "2 4 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "3 5 0"
               "Priority"  "2"
               "GroupID"   "3"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Pos"            "2 2 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "3 3 0"
               "Priority"  "2"
               "GroupID"   "3"
            }
            "Point"
            {
               "Pos"            "2 0 0"
               "SignageOffset"      "3 1 0"
               "Priority"  "2"
               "GroupID"   "3"
            }
         }

"Offset"   "64 64 64"
      }
   }

Uuh. its diddnt works? maybe did i install it wrong

But now i cant open portal ??
There more maps named maps?

Heres a video:

[Upload is in progress.. please wait.]

Ill, say if its ready upload.

Help me:
heres the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4r57rIq5yk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4r57rIq5yk

Idk whats wrong, CMD dont want big and portal dont want open enymore? maybe is the problem that i have sometime the bee mod, could you make a installer? or help me? :|

I'll watch the video when I get back, but you need to press F1 to save in the FGEMOD. If you never save the file won't exist and Portal 2 will crash.

Bisquit: Nice! :D

Falsi sumus crusto!
PreviousPage 19 of 24Next