Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Chell Is GLaDOS's and Cave's daughter?

PreviousPage 5 of 8Next

I believe there is also a line in the final song - Only Want You Gone(?) - which says "You look so much like her." This could possibly be a hint that Chell is Caroline's daughter. We'll probably never know for sure though.

Winner of the Nobel Prize for Being Immune to Neurotoxin

Thanks for over 1,000 downloads: The Cold Shoulder

She might be implying that Chell looks like Caroline. But because she is a robot, she might think that all humans look the same. Typical speciest GlaDOS.

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Yeah, that makes more sense than Chell being related to Caroline.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Cave and Caroline may not be married, but I think they probably had a love-child.

She's is his personal secretary. And you know that personal secretaries do more than just shuffling papers for their bosses.

Nacimota wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:
... Though I highly doubt there will be a portal 3...

Yeah, everyone knows Valve doesn't make games with 3s in them

I thought it was because VALVe didn't know how to count to 3

Not in cruelty
Not in wrath
The REAPER came today
An angle visited this grey path
And took the cube away

1.... 2....................... potato

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."

Well reading this let me think about rat-man... If it was 50.000 years ago, why do we see him in portal 2? (In the end, man running, that's rat-man right?). So it would not make any sence that it was 500, or 50.000 years in the future. I think its 20-50 years like Nacimota said.

Actually, there's nothing to confirm the 'figure' seen in the credits is the rat-man, and the general consensus is that there's nothing even there, or maybe a Frankencube. That said, I don't necessarily agree with the 50,000 years thing.

There's one notion that I've been entertaining, though I don't agree with it, as its unrealistic, baseless speculation, but maybe AS was actually rediscovered after Portal, and repaired? That would explain away the retcons in Portal 2, and account for this ridiculous time war we have going on (sorry, had to make the pun. I'm British, after all). The only unexplained thing is how GLaDOs remained destroyed, unless they simply never found her, but that's unlikely. Anyway, as I said, it's baseless speculation, and I don't even agree with it; just a fun little musing.

ImageImageImageImage
Rubrica wrote:
Actually, there's nothing to confirm the 'figure' seen in the credits is the rat-man, and the general consensus is that there's nothing even there, or maybe a Frankencube. That said, I don't necessarily agree with the 50,000 years thing.

It's a Frankencube walking around. I can provide detailed and outlined screenshots for anyone who thinks otherwise.

And yeah, as has (I think? Somewhere?) been stated before, the 50,000 years thing may be an overstatement, the point is Portal 2 takes place in the future. Far in the future.

Now with 100% more inline comments!

If one of the unused GLaDOS dialog files was used, it would be 50,000 years. But it wasn't used, so who knows?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 5 of 8Next