Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Ben and August’s Extended Editor (BEEMOD) & BEE2

PreviousPage 5 of 60Next

How will the vents work? Will they have to simply be attached to a wall? It would be nice to be able to assemble sections (which are conveniently 128-unit cubes) but it's ATM impossible to put an entity in midair.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Hooray for this. :-)
Especially the diversity vents are something I missed from the beginning.
One question: Will they only suck or can we connect them to a tube system with an exhaust in a different room?

MasterLagger wrote:
I took a look at the images and video at the first page. An auto-save trigger! YES!

RobotnikDance.gif

And all the other stuff looks cool also. I'm definitely going to try it out when it's finished.

🙂 thanks I've been working hard on it since.... during the beta, just too bad its taken so long

FelixGriffin wrote:
How will the vents work? Will they have to simply be attached to a wall? It would be nice to be able to assemble sections (which are conveniently 128-unit cubes) but it's ATM impossible to put an entity in midair.

the vents only have an entrance, and can not be assembled with tube blocks. however that would be really fun, so I may release another modification which adds a bunch of those different blocks for more fun, but first things first

Also, I made a map just for you! Sunset
Click Here to view my Workshop and play my puzzlemaker maps

The only problem would be that they can't stack. Maybe an invisible, nonsolid glass block inheriting from the barrier class, which could be stacked. Then the tubes CanAnchorOnGlass, but don't collide with it, so they can pass through it at multiple levels.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
The only problem would be that they can't stack. Maybe an invisible, nonsolid glass block inheriting from the barrier class, which could be stacked. Then the tubes CanAnchorOnGlass, but don't collide with it, so they can pass through it at multiple levels.

I dont think that would work... you cant really change the barrier outputs

Ok, idea spewing time. (On Linux currently so I can't test.)

- Have you looked at how the rail-mounted platforms are constructed? They are resizeable, and IIRC they are made entirely out of instances. Perhaps it is possible, using an item type with that class, to make a tube with configurable length, that sucks on one end and blows on the other?
<Insert lame wording joke here>

- Or if that doesn't work: a simple 1-cell tube that does the same, and is parallel to the mounting surface so you can connect them together?

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

I'm not sure how well inheriting from that class would work right
but I'll just make some blocks like... straight and curved ones, then you can just rotate them how you want... but again, that will be a later update :D

this is going to be great (I think I said that on the Steam forums too)

any plans for catwalks in the future? Or what about an object from a mod, like the animal king or that hover turret thing?

Catwalks wouldn't be too hard, but you couldn't make them go up and down easily without the ceiling doing the same, or using ~5 editor slots.

This should be compatible with the animal king, if there's a spot for it, or it could be grouped with the turret. The hover turret would be interesting, I'll work on it.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Test Element - Animal King (animal king)

ML's Angry Hover Turret (hover turret)

Here are the links for the mods, incase it helps any. :1up: :1dn: :blah: :boring: :lol: :snooze: :thumbup: :thumbdown: :notworthy: :notwant: :angrysquare: :postpics:

Love the smiles on these forums :)

Err... need to fix my signature - it's bad without the picture I have of my Rhode Island Red rooster wearing sunglasses

PreviousPage 5 of 60Next