Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 5 of 14Next

Error with building maps:
?s that the fault from this mod?

[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] CVoxelTestChamber::Export VMF D:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/sdk_contentmaps/preview.vmf ...
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] CVoxelTestChamber::Export VMF success, chamber size: (9,15,4)
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] Compilation time (after export): 163 (ms)
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] Compilation time (after VBSP): 5594 (ms)

VVIS failed.

Valve Software - vvis.exe (May 30 2013)
2 threads
reading d:program filessteamsteamappscommonportal 2sdk_contentmapspreview.bsp
reading d:program filessteamsteamappscommonportal 2sdk_contentmapspreview.prt
LoadPortals: couldn't read d:program filessteamsteamappscommonportal 2sdk_contentmapspreview.prt

SjorsMaster [NL] (spnk41) unpaused the game
[PORTAL2 PUZZLEMAKER] Saved puzzle: D:/Program Files/Steam/steamapps/common/Portal 2/portal2/puzzles76561198091457105autosave.p2c
[

Which style, and what items are you using?

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Which style, and what items are you using?

Clean, and Ratman Style

TeamSpen210 wrote:
I'm not adding the larger lights, because they'd only be useful in clean style since all the others would look identical to the normal lights. I can't actually think of a time where Valve used the longer light models, since they look very stretched. There is all kinds of collision problems with them, meaning they wouldn't block antline placement. This would make them pointless.

Neurotoxin can have valid uses, but I think there are too many ways to use it badly, like making maps with an instant death that you can't see or making a simple puzzle frustrating with a too short timer.

For the shredders, I might have to look back at the coop maps but adding extending capabilities can't really be done in the PTI. The shredders are designed to work in pairs, and you could just use two next to each other. I designed them so the thin walls on the edge would be deadly if the player tried to walk along them.

I have a little update and some new stuff for you

- have you ever seen Joe dirt? remember where he says to the firework guy "it's not what you like, it's the consumer" what i mean is add nerotoxin vents, if players abuse them then their maps won't become very popular on the steam workshop. the best way to make these is have the vents have 3 different parts, which would be the vents with gas particles, the timers, and a main controller which would be connected to something to trigger it (like a button or trigger placed in PTI) control the fog and player death when timer reaches zero, and the main controller would connect to the vents and the timers and control the time limit based on 1 minute per every second added to it in the editor.

now items that should be added

- add the 3 variations of the light strip
- add diversity vents and gel tubes, (Ben told me a few days ago he is working on back stock and no longer working on BEE2 and any new bee2 items)
- add the giant fan that was seen underground in the coop campaign (make it so it can be placed in both clean and underground styles and make the fan's frame it is set in 1 voxel wide so it could be placed in a 1 voxel wide wall in a large PTI test chamber. also make it so it could be connected up to a button or something and turned on or off) (see the fan i am talking about in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwcfiU25zkU)
- add the sliding panels you see in the coop trailer that drop down and slide into the wall to reveal a floor shredder. (make them 1*2 voxels wide so they could be placed over a pit containing two shredders)
- make slow crushers that trigger when the player comes anywhere within the 8 cubical voxels in front of the spikes.
- make a excursion funnel that is vertically and horizontally centered in the center of 4 voxels (in PTI it would be the same size as a crusher, and it would be centered within a group of 4 voxels)
- make a faith plate that would be centered like the excursion funnel above. (and make the target for it be centered within 4 voxels too.
- see if you can design a working bottomless pit (a little hint from me on this one, first create items which would be panels and frames with skybox behind them that could be placed on the walls around the pit to create the illusion of a well designed bottomless pit. next add a main controller for the pit which would create this 1 large room in the map far away from the Test chamber which would be a skybox and BTS area with other (non solid) test chambers in the background, then make a skybox voxel sized item which would be a skybox textured wall, then add a sizable trigger hurt that would could be sized similar to a fizzler and when all is right the player would make a pit in pti and fill it with the skybox walls and place the panels around the edge and place a trigger hurt near the bottom and when designed properly this would create a realistic bottomless pit.

Neurotoxin isn't a test element, and I don't think it fits at all.
Bisquit already made the different light strips, I'll see if I can fix them.
The giant fan makes no sense in any of the test chambers, it also is effectively a really big laserfield and therefore unneeded.
I'm not a fan of items designed to hide things from the player, but I did have another item in mind instead of this.
If you want auto-triggering crushers, just use a bunch of trigger multiples and an OR gate.
A centered funnel could be useful, but I don't want to have to make centered versions of every single item.
Centered faith plates would be difficult to get working as well as not very useful.
There,'s functionality in the stylechanger to convert goo pits into skybox and I don't need to add an item to add the 3D skybox. Bottomless pits aren't used in any of the current styles, but will be added for Wheatley style.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Neurotoxin isn't a test element, and I don't think it fits at all.
Bisquit already made the different light strips, I'll see if I can fix them.
The giant fan makes no sense in any of the test chambers, it also is effectively a really big laserfield and therefore unneeded.
I'm not a fan of items designed to hide things from the player, but I did have another item in mind instead of this.
If you want auto-triggering crushers, just use a bunch of trigger multiples and an OR gate.
A centered funnel could be useful, but I don't want to have to make centered versions of every single item.
Centered faith plates would be difficult to get working as well as not very useful.
There,'s functionality in the stylechanger to convert goo pits into skybox and I don't need to add an item to add the 3D skybox. Bottomless pits aren't used in any of the current styles, but will be added for Wheatley style.

- nerotoxin could be a NEW test element like it is going to be in backstock
- if you won't make the giant fan, i will design it myself along with the model for it in 3ds max along with the "better vac tubes"
- as i said about joe dirt, it's not what you like, it's the consumer. if you make sliding panels like this, they would go great with my next idea below here which could open them and reveal a shredder.
- can you make sizable trigger fields (trigger once, trigger multiple, ect) (base them off the glass and grate walls in PTI) that can be placed in PTI and sized, the single voxel ones can't be extended or placed in air.
- also could you design a item that would be a simular trigger item as above except it would have a timer that could be used to delay the trigger time after player collision starts the delay timer.
- the centered funnel is designed for tests with those slow crushers like the one in the coop campaign.
- the centered faithplate was seen in test "sp_ricochet", it was a large faith plate placed in the center of four voxels, to make this you simply modify the original faith plate that came with PTI, and modify the target it is set to be centered within 4 voxels and it would be a four voxel wide item in PTI.
- the bottomless pit in the style changer is not a pit, it is just a pit of goo that the goo has been lowered 1 voxel down. tsk. tsk. it may be a very long long time before we see the wheatly style.

I'll see if I can add some restrictions to neurotoxin emitters.
I can try to make extendable triggers, but I doubt ItemBarrier has any functionality to allow the I/O to work correctly.
I'll release some timer items that I made, these would let you add timers to anything.
The problem with faith plates is that the math involved with the trigger_catapult probably wouldn't work very well and I wouldn't be able to edit the target independently of the normal faith plates.
The stylechanger bottomless pit is goo, but if you change the goo texture to the toolsskybox texture you'll get a nice looking pit, although without mismatched panels on the bottom.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
I'll see if I can add some restrictions to neurotoxin emitters.
I can try to make extendable triggers, but I doubt ItemBarrier has any functionality to allow the I/O to work correctly.
I'll release some timer items that I made, these would let you add timers to anything.
The problem with faith plates is that the math involved with the trigger_catapult probably wouldn't work very well and I wouldn't be able to edit the target independently of the normal faith plates.
The stylechanger bottomless pit is goo, but if you change the goo texture to the toolsskybox texture you'll get a nice looking pit, although without mismatched panels on the bottom.

i have a request for a few new items

- 1 voxel wide world portals without the portal 2 styled doors (could be placed within a area 1 voxel wide to create some impossible geometry without the portal 2 door showing so it would create a seamless impossible hallway without portal 2 doors showing in it.
- a invisible trigger that triggers when the player looks directly at it (and a item that is not to conspicuous to show a trigger is there) (like the round holes in antichamber that would cause walls to dissapear behind the player when looked at so they could walk backwards into a hidden room.
- button or pedestal button that can slow down time and let the player walk by fast (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbZh28q_b0)
- also see if you can add this item, a button that freezes time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELUb0PprtF4)

Oh! This will make my maps more interesting :3
question, where do I put these resources so that I can use them in hammer?

They're not really designed to work with hammer maps, but if you install it normally all my instances will be in sdk_content/maps/instances/p2editor/tspen/. A few items do need entities in other places, usually that's in the global_ents instance in instances/p2editor_<style>/global_ents.vmf.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 5 of 14Next