Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 4 of 14Next

I haven't updated any items for Art Therapy yet, it doesn't have the GLaDOS studio room. The conveyor belt is really buggy due to how I had to make it; I think I'll switch it to use models instead which might fix some issues. The new item isn't a new spike plate, it's actually a set of holes in the floor which exactly matches the crusher spikes to place opposite it. The Wall feature item will have various black tile walls with some missing just like that screenshot. I really should add more screenshots, or maybe a demo map.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

After update 17.
I cant run PTI chaimber in test chaimber?

I missed adding a required file. Sorry, updating now.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
I missed adding a required file. Sorry, updating now.

No problem. i just was sad, :p nvm im now happy that you fixd it :D

Btw: Great mod :) :thumbup:

I saw youre newest items, maybe make an companion cube that trys to kill u if youre not watching on it :D

SjorsMaster wrote:
I saw youre newest items, maybe make an companion cube that trys to kill u if youre not watching on it :D

It may have been done in Gmod, but I havent seen it in portal 2 yet. Just skip past the first minute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... P7f1s#t=58

Just when I think I understand the system, it changes on me.

some items you should add into a update of this

- the 3 different color temperatures for the strip lights from original PTI
- x2 and x3 longer strip lights in all 3 colors.
- Nerotoxin Vents and nerotoxin countdown clocks (make it so the clock acts like a pedestal button and every second added to it counts as 1:00 on the nerotoxin clock.
- Pneumatic Diversity Vents, vacuum tubes (all types of tubes, corners, straights, t shaped, + shaped ect, also use point pushes in all vacuum tubes, less buggy/works better!) and gel tubes (all types of tubes, choose from any of the gels)
- crushers with a timer (when set to 3 seconds crusher would extend and stay extended for 3 seconds and then retract and stay retracted for 3 seconds, or if set to 0 seconds/infinity it would come in and out fast like the fast crusher on the conveyor belt in the wheatly levels near the end of the single player campaign)
- sizable shredders. (also make the shredder grinding sound a little quieter)
- create a destroyed style with the announcer with destroyed elevators and add various plants and destroyed panels, sky holes, ect and stuff from the destroyed style that could be placed into test chambers. (for a large hole in the ceiling create the instance and make it so pti could place it on the ceiling and detect collision points like you did with the shredder.

- Bisquit already made this, but I think it's broken in the BEE2, so I could fix and restyle that one.
- I might as well make this (Edit: The larger light models aren't used much and don't look very good, so I won't make them since you can easily use the normal lights.)
- I don't really think this belongs in the puzzlemaker, it'd be more frustrating then useful for players.
- BenVlodgi has plans for much better vents, but they won't be coming out for a while.
- I had a slightly different plan for some timed crushers, I'll probably make that instead since it' s more versatile.
- I can't make resizable shredders. I made it extended out of the floor like I did so you are able to push the ends inside the wall if needed. I'll lower the volume a bit though.
- Carl Kenner and Radelite are both making their own destroyed styles, I won't be making my own; I will be making extra items for them, like broken panels and holes. One planned item is a large hole in the roof, I'll make it act as basically a ceiling-mounted large observation room.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
- Bisquit already made this, but I think it's broken in the BEE2, so I could fix and restyle that one.
- I might as well make this (Edit: The larger light models aren't used much and don't look very good, so I won't make them since you can easily use the normal lights.)
- I don't really think this belongs in the puzzlemaker, it'd be more frustrating then useful for players.
- BenVlodgi has plans for much better vents, but they won't be coming out for a while.
- I had a slightly different plan for some timed crushers, I'll probably make that instead since it' s more versatile.
- I can't make resizable shredders. I made it extended out of the floor like I did so you are able to push the ends inside the wall if needed. I'll lower the volume a bit though.
- Carl Kenner and Radelite are both making their own destroyed styles, I won't be making my own; I will be making extra items for them, like broken panels and holes. One planned item is a large hole in the roof, I'll make it act as basically a ceiling-mounted large observation room.

- add the larger light models too.
- nerotoxin vents could be used to create test chambers the player had to solve within a time limit.
- Ben told me he was not going to do anything more with bee2 and not add anything more to it, he is only working on Back Stock now. so it looks like you get to make these, i recommend using point pushes to create the vacuum in the tube. also add glass gel tubes.
- make the shredders so you can extend them width ways, adding more than two shredding wheels onto a single shredder when they get extended.

I'm not adding the larger lights, because they'd only be useful in clean style since all the others would look identical to the normal lights. I can't actually think of a time where Valve used the longer light models, since they look very stretched. There is all kinds of collision problems with them, meaning they wouldn't block antline placement. This would make them pointless.

Neurotoxin can have valid uses, but I think there are too many ways to use it badly, like making maps with an instant death that you can't see or making a simple puzzle frustrating with a too short timer.

For the shredders, I might have to look back at the coop maps but adding extending capabilities can't really be done in the PTI. The shredders are designed to work in pairs, and you could just use two next to each other. I designed them so the thin walls on the edge would be deadly if the player tried to walk along them.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 4 of 14Next