Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 6 of 14Next
TeamSpen210 wrote:
They're not really designed to work with hammer maps, but if you install it normally all my instances will be in sdk_content/maps/instances/p2editor/tspen/. A few items do need entities in other places, usually that's in the global_ents instance in instances/p2editor_<style>/global_ents.vmf.

do I just extract the files to that directory? Because there's no installer file in the add ons.

Have you read the readme? You extract everything to the Portal 2 directory.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Have you read the readme? You extract everything to the Portal 2 directory.

Okay, installed them (extracted) to the portal 2 directory, now what? XP

The instances should be in that folder. The items should appear in the BEE2 interface.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

you have some bugs in the latest version

- the nerotoxin VENTS trigger hurt field is too small, make it very large so one vent could easily cover a very large test chamber. also the trigger kill field is not invisible and has the aperture symbol tiled inside the area of the trigger box that can be seen in game, also make it so the room becomes gradually more and more filled with green fog depending on the timer length (fog gets foggier quicker with low time, slower with long time) instead of having it get foggy at the last ten seconds
- turn down the volume on the shredders.

also see if you can add these new items

- button or pedestal button that can slow down time and let the player walk by fast (see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TbZh28q_b0)
- also see if you can add this item, a button that freezes time (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELUb0PprtF4)

It's nice to see one of my videos linked here!

I designed the time-slow switch to be easily integrated into a map, so it would presumably work in the PTI (it changes an underlying property of the physics engine). I don't know exactly how the time-stop switch works, but it looks like it would require most of the other elements to be recoded to work with it.

Falsi sumus crusto!

The hurt area is supposed to be small, I want to make sure the player knows what they died from. You should place many of the vents around the chamber. The aperture symbols won't be visible when the map is compiled for publishing, or if you hold control when compiling. I couldn't get two env_fades to work correctly together, so I didn't do this.

My shredders are actually quieter than Valve's. The shredders are very large objects, they should make lots of noise.

The second time-freezing device doesn't look like it would work without modifying every item to work with it.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

Holy crap soon you are going to have more downloads than me
I have got to create a new item and fast

Woa this is cool; One thing however, how exactly did you make your own style???

I based mine on Carl's 50s style so I didn't have to make everything from scratch, but I basically duplicated the .style file, copied the p2editor_old/ to p2editor_rebuild/ and edited all the instances (mainly the elevators/spheres). The elevators are the main difference, so those took a while.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 6 of 14Next