Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 2 of 14Next

Thanks for all the feedback! I can fix the first two bugs, the last one won't really work due to the way PTI creates walls.

I'm planning on adding shredders and the crusher spike plate. For the item models, I've got to get propper or some other modeling software working before I can make more models. The current items are reskinned other items. I'll add larger lightstrips and non-moving spike plates. I'm not going to make/finish the Wheatley and Rattman styles, I don't really know what instances Carl/Radelite have already made that I'd duplicate. I will restyle my own items for those styles. What do you mean by timed crushers?

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]
TeamSpen210 wrote:
Thanks for all the feedback! I can fix the first two bugs, the last one won't really work due to the way PTI creates walls.

I'm planning on adding shredders and the crusher spike plate. For the item models, I've got to get propper or some other modeling software working before I can make more models. The current items are reskinned other items. I'll add larger lightstrips and non-moving spike plates. I'm not going to make/finish the Wheatley and Rattman styles, I don't really know what instances Carl/Radelite have already made that I'd duplicate. I will restyle my own items for those styles. What do you mean by timed crushers?

the timed crushers can be controlled with a timer like the timer on the pedestal button so they automatically come out after a set amount of time, and retract and repeat the process.

you should make one crusher item with a bunch of options such as

- time between each crushing cycle
- time the crusher stays out until it retracts between each cycle (can't be any higher than time between each crush cycle)
- if it is hidden behind panels and smashes through them like the crusher glados trolls you with in that one COOP level.

also the static spike plate needs some special options too

- can rotate over to the spike plate from panels or back like the rotating wall panel in PTI
- color (white or black) of the panels on the panel side of it

also do you want the diversity vent instances i fixed up from bee2 so you can add the T and + shaped tubes to them?

ellingtonisland wrote:
the timed crushers can be controlled with a timer like the timer on the pedestal button so they automatically come out after a set amount of time, and retract and repeat the process.

you should make one crusher item with a bunch of options such as

- time between each crushing cycle
- time the crusher stays out until it retracts between each cycle (can't be any higher than time between each crush cycle)
- if it is hidden behind panels and smashes through them like the crusher glados trolls you with in that one COOP level.

also the static spike plate needs some special options too

- can rotate over to the spike plate from panels or back like the rotating wall panel in PTI
- color (white or black) of the panels on the panel side of it

also do you want the diversity vent instances i fixed up from bee2 so you can add the T and + shaped tubes to them?

You can only use options that were already used for some item. So you can have a timer, for example, but not two timers for different things.

Falsi sumus crusto!

I can make the flipping spike plates, but that will make them less useful - you couldn't place them next to each other around a corner.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
I can make the flipping spike plates, but that will make them less useful - you couldn't place them next to each other around a corner.

the flipping spike plates should be easy to get next to each other and in corners if you think a bit, you would set them up like the glass and grating (the glass and grating had multiple designs in the vsp files and in game it formed a perfect edge when when multiple sections where connected to each other properly) was set up in pti, you just design multiple instances and put a metal frame on the parts where the side walls would be (not the back wall) behind where you would see behind them in some of them so if you made a wall of spike plates shaped like the one in this ANSII code diagram below as if you where looking at the spike plates as if the spiky side was directly in front of the player. with this design just like the glass you could have spike plates anywhere and they would work and the BTS behind them would not look bad when they rotated if designed in hammer properly.

| or - = yellow wall at edge of BTS background room
: or ~ = frame between back wall and spike plate
X = spike plate

_____
|X:X|
|~~~|__
|X:X:X|
-------

ellingtonisland wrote:
the flipping spike plates should be easy to get next to each other and in corners if you think a bit, you would set them up like the glass and grating (the glass and grating had multiple designs in the vsp files and in game it formed a perfect edge when when multiple sections where connected to each other properly) was set up in pti, you just design multiple instances and put a metal frame on the parts where the side walls would be (not the back wall) behind where you would see behind them in some of them so if you made a wall of spike plates...

Glass and gratings, like lasers and a few others, are hardcoded. The only real modification you can make is the color of the frame.

Falsi sumus crusto!

The problem is more with the embedded sections, since you wouldn't be able to place them like this (side view):
^^^^^^
<|XXXX
<|X
<|X
<|X

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

found a few more bugs in your items

- the conveyor belts cause PTI to throw a compile error on map building.
- the music controllers cause PTI to throw a compile error on map building.
- world portal entry doors don't open.

to make the rotating mashy spike plates follow the design of the BTS stuff behind the flip panel that came in the original PTI, you can have multiple flip panels next to each other and they look fine. for the corners that have the corner point facing towards player you would have to make a static non rotating spike plate.

also make a ramp that is twice as long (similar to some of the ones in the wheatly test chambers) as the ones that came with pti.

also with the Portalable Piston Platform make it so the portable panel part can be configured to tilt like the ramp after it comes out of the wall

like this

in wall

|
|
|

out of wall

|
-----
|

the next thing i think i will attempt will be to design a panel instance that can have up to four panels in a voxel in PTI, will base it on the original light strip that came with pti.

Just played a map where the Dropper-Version of my Sphere Cannon was used.
Nice modifications, TeamSpen210. The Dropper-Version is great, good work.

Nice idea with the transparent sphere in it, but it also blocks the view a little bit too much. ^^
(That is why i didn't make the sphere visible at my version ^^)

I did not check the other items yet... just wanted to say thanks and good work. =) :thumbup:

[back on TWP since 08. July 2017]
Steam: DrFauli

I am planning to add a version of the static pistons with a 45 degree top, but not a normal version - bit too advanced movement for old aperture, and panels with pistons don't usually work too well. Just updated with fixes for those bugs.

The problem with adding larger ramps is that the large model only has one animation which includes it shaking rubble off of itself, which wouldn't fit a clean map. It'd have to be non-moving, in which case you could just use the angled blocks.

You wouldn't really be able to make 4 different panels in one block, the embedded sections would collide with one another.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 2 of 14Next