Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 12 of 14Next
kyleprotecX wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question but, How do i stop GLaDOs's voice line at the beggining of each map?

Go to bee2 and make sure the theme is "Original Portal 2", then press Export. Don't worry, Original still works with most custom objects.

quaternary wrote:
kyleprotecX wrote:
This may sound like a stupid question but, How do i stop GLaDOs's voice line at the beggining of each map?

Go to bee2 and make sure the theme is "Original Portal 2", then press Export. Don't worry, Original still works with most custom objects.

Thanks, it all works tha way i wanted it to now :)

I feel like such an idiot :notwant:

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here

i want to know a few things about the new bee2 and also i have a few suggestions

- what are the entry/exit puzzles in the overgrown? they should be in more than overgrown to!
- what does suppress mid chamber dialog do?
- can this bee2 add custom music to the game - i would like this to play in a test chamber called "logic circus" as a joke - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLyDejPjXRw

suggestions for the new bee2

- get a clean style based on the default clean style with bottomless pits instead of goo into the initial first release, also make it so bottomless pits can be placed on walls and ceilings to open up the test chamber.
- make it so you can specifically select the line the narrating character says when the test chamber starts. eg i would like glados to specifically say "initiating surprise in 3. 2. 1..." in the "logic circus" test chamber.
- make it possible to choose what elevator your character starts in (for making a nearly reconstructed styled chamber not have a completely destroyed elevator.)

now some suggestions to add to your bee2 addons when you get back to those. i want to see these in a bee2 addons update plain and simple, END OF STORY!

- create a extended relaxation vault for each style (for creating intro chambers in a PTI mod)
- add the three variations of light strips. (the cold variation of the ones from the site here someone made half fast looked purple)
- add pneumatic diversity vents of all types, curves, and turns, etc. hint use point pushes to keep them from jamming up with items. (also add ones with items, turrets, and proper entrance and exits in the chambers. maybe a version that counts items sucked up and opens a door after so many items are removed)
- add a 2x2 voxel version of a centered faith plate and a excursion funnel.
- figure out a way to create gel tubes. maybe create a gel tube instance that determines how far the gel will flow with a arrow when placed in a vac tube in a chamber.

ellingtonisland wrote:
- create a extended relaxation vault for each style (for creating intro chambers in a PTI mod)

ellingtonisland wrote:
for creating intro chambers in a PTI mod

ellingtonisland wrote:
PTI mod

- Entry/Exit puzzles only really make sense in overgrown styles. In one of the random entry and random exit corridors, players need to portal past some wreckage blocking the way. This StyleVar just turns that off, making those corridors traversable in the normal way.

- Suppress Mid-Chamber Dialog turns off the extra voice lines that play during the chamber. These are the lines like "Weighed Cubes calibrated" when pressing a cube button, or other things like that since they can get irritating.

- The BEE2 will be able to add custom music, you just need to create the music item definition and copy the sound file into the right place. This file has definitions for a bunch of music tracks.
- Clean Style never has bottomless pits. There will be some sort of wall and ceiling skybox item, though.
- I don't think there'll be an option like this, but it's easy to copy-paste the regular GLaDOS voice definition, and make a custom one that always plays a particular choreo scene.
- I'm not going to make it possible to choose the elevator. There'll probably be two versions of the Reconstructing style, with different amounts of damage though.
- If you want a relaxation vault, use Hammer. The PeTI and BEE2 is not for story.
- This is in the BEE2 already, so I'll be fixing it to work properly at some point.
- Ben had an idea a while ago for a better way to do vactubes, which I might implement later.
- Centred Faith Plates will not work - the PeTI's trajectory calculation would be very messed up. I might make a large funnel item in the future, which would be centred in a 2x2.
- Gel tubing is purely aesthetic, so this probably won't be added.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

i have a few more suggestions, most of them are for the new upcoming bee2

- has ben made it so you can select what loading screen your test chamber will show before starting (aperture laboratories, old aperture laboratories, wheatley laboratories etc.) if he hasn't this option should be added to the bee2.
- the option to choose entry/exit puzzles should be added to the wheatley style and underground style (jumping over a bottomless pit with gel created when a gel pipe breaks the bridge)

also how does Ben plan to design the pneumatic diversity vents that will be added to the new bee2 eventually, with point pushes?

- It's not possible to change the loading screen, at least in the PeTI.
- Old Aperture maps really aren't damaged or wrecked like Overgrown maps are, just rusted and old. I don't think those kind of puzzles would fit. For Wheatley style, they defintely would fit - it's done in the campaign even.
The plan for the diversity vents isn't to use point_pushes, or any of those entities. Instead, we'll create a set of path_tracks through the tube system, and parent objects to a tracktrain.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
- Old Aperture maps really aren't damaged or wrecked like Overgrown maps are, just rusted and old. I don't think those kind of puzzles would fit. For Wheatley style, they defintely would fit - it's done in the campaign even.
The plan for the diversity vents isn't to use point_pushes, or any of those entities. Instead, we'll create a set of path_tracks through the tube system, and parent objects to a tracktrain.

- for the underground, pre test puzzles would be things like figuring out where to place a portal to get across a large gap to enter the test chamber
- for the vents, well COOOOL!!!, can this be done with aesthetic gel tubes too!?
- also is sticky gel planned to be added to bee2 eventually?

- The problem with that is that the entry/exit rooms aren't actually very big, and so these gaps have to be small. In Old Aperture they rarely / never have passageways blocked by debris, so I can't really do this sort of thing. Maybe I might create a different enrichment sphere instance which has you portal into the main map via a worldportal.
- For gels it would generate particle_systems instead of tracks, and position them correctly.
- I don't have any plans at the moment, I'm currently focusing on actually rebuilding all the current items and styles so they take advantage of the new BEE2 system.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

I have a few idea's for the diversity vents. normally they just suck things up and remove turrets from the test chamber, but what if they could do more, like open a door when a certain amount of objects passed through them, or change the path objects went through them. here is my idea's

- there was a custom test chamber with lots of cubes that had vacuum tubes that counted objects that passed through them to open a door, and if too many went through it you would have to reset the count by pressing a button (implement this)
- there was a custom test chamber where pressing a button would cause a vacuum tube junction to switch the tube objects would travel through to a different one (implement this)
- there was a custom test chamber that had a tube that had a cube dropper door on the entrance to the vacuum tube that only opened when you pressed a button or something. objects near the tube would not move at all unless the door was opened, then they would go flying into the tube. (implement this)
- also if the tubes are using path_tracks, create a type of tube that can specifically transport players through it like the tube ride in the campaign and the short on in coop.

PreviousPage 12 of 14Next