Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 11 of 14Next

COOL (Applause), so when do you think your rewrite of bee2 will be ready for us?

Not for a while, there's still a lot more work to do! The UI's basically done, but Ben and I still need to write the code to load in items and export them. You can follow the progress on Github.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

i have a few requests for things you can add to bee2

- make it possible to choose what entrance and exit elevators your test chamber uses (to create a smooth clean to dirty style transition etc)
- make it possible to choose what video game character narrates your test chamber (cave Johnson, glados, announcer, wheatley) eg - glados replacing wheatley in the wheatley style
- see if you can figure out how to get PTI to display wall textures that match the current style (like destroyed walls for a overgrown style)

- I've explained multiple times why this isn't necersary - in any case most styles still use the elevators and dissasembly machines, which could move between styles pretty easily.
- This is going to happen for the new BEE2, where you can choose exactly which character you want independent of the style.
- That's been done already, have you ran the stylechanger exe in your portal 2 folder to setup vbsp/vrad? If you mean inside the editor itself I have some tricks for that as well.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

i also have a few ideas when you get the bee2 update done and start working on styles like the wheatley style

besides the wheatley style add

- the reconstructing style
- the BTS style
- a variation on the overgrown style with open walls and bottomless pits instead of goo (i have a idea how to do this, make the pit/area where there no solid walls look similar to the area from the first level of the single player campaign where wheatley crashes the extended relaxation vault into the wall of test chamber 1, and he talks about 10000 flippin vegetables)

i have found a few bugs, and also i have a few suggestions for a quick update

bugs that need fixing

- in the overgrown style the cube on the clamped cube is in the wrong place and is up in the arm instead of the claws.
- in the overgrown style i think either the wall features or crusher place cause a leak, still trying to reproduce it to find where it happens.
- you can fall through the floor on the black piston stairs in the overgrown style. needs to be fixed.
- fix a bug in the P1 style where you can't move in the exit elevators

suggestions for a quick update

- add a proper 3 variations of light strips (the cold variant of the one you can download from the 3 variations on the website here looks purple and looks like crap in game and not like the original cold variations in game)
- add 2x2 voxel centered faith plates and funnels.
- make it so the vote screen doesn't come up until the actual exit elevator actually takes you out of the shaft.

also i have a few suggestions for the new upcoming bee2.5

- i heard Ben is planning this, make it possible to choose what exit and entrance elevators etc your test chamber uses (for so if in the Reconstructing style you won't get a nearly cleaned up elevator in a barley reconstructed map)
- i see Ben has made it so music can be pre chosen, now figure out how to get test chambers with custom music into the game
- see if you can add lava, and non toxic clear water (for swimming in it) as new goo types
- see if you can get bug free reflection and adhesion gel into the game

The bugs I'll be fixing of course
- I'll fix the 3-variant light strips
- I'm not adding 2x2 versions of everything, in particular faith plates would create a lot of issues since I won't be able to guarantee the plate will still hit its target correctly.
- I might change this, not sure.
- For the reconstructing style there might be 2 or so versions, or otherwise a toggle to set how much damage occurs.
- Actually I'm working on this - you can add custom music fairly easily, you just need to make an item definition for it to work.
- Lava would be a pointless reskin, and should probably kill the players as soon as they enter the room from the intense heat. Non-toxic water can sort-of be done, but it wouldn't really add much (since you can't place stuff under it), and in Coop the players always drown no matter what.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

so exactly when will the new version of bee2 (the one that will have bottomless pits) you have been working on with ben be ready, give me a time frame in months etc.

It'll be soon, all the major parts of the editor now work (loading in items, the UI, exporting to a game). It just needs polish, some stuff still needs to be done for the compiler, and the various items need to be updated to work. The initial release probably won't have bottomless pits, since the current styles don't really use them much.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

This is an amazing addition to BEE2 :thumbup: This may sound like a stupid question but, How do i stop GLaDOs's voice line at the beggining of each map?

Thank-You for creating this amazing mod! :)

I am currently working on a Portal 2 Map series 'Testing for life'

Check out my Steam Workshop Here
PreviousPage 11 of 14Next