Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 13 of 14Next

I'll definitely want to implement various forms of vactubes like these, where they can be turned on/off, switch directions and detect objects. The vactubes will be able to move players.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Could you add cheap gel splats? A friend who uses hammer told me normal gel splats use far more entities than necessary due to placement helpers.

The original placement helper instances (only used by gel items I think) were full of logic to enable/disable the helper, but that logic isn't actually ever used. Overall a paint splat item should only use up 2 entities - the paint splat, and the placement helper. I think I'll change it to only add the helper if you're using Conversion Gel in the new BEE2, but here's a cleaned-up instance.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

i just thought of a few items you could add to your bee2 addons eventually, most of these are new test elements not thought of before probably...

- a turret with a discouragement beam for a eye (glados: do you actually mean i get fricken turrets with fricken lasers attached to their fricken heads?!... COOL!) (VARIATIONS COULD BE: one that shoots bullets and laser, and one that only aims laser at player)
- portal redirection cube that actually works
- electrified floor and wall panels (would be metal panels used where you had to guide your self through a maze with excursion funnels without touching the walls. would be like a static spike plate, except would kill player instantly if touched. for aesthetic looks they would spark and show small lighting strikes on them.
- working fizzler that destroys High energy pellets.
- variation of fizzler and laser fields that are found in diversity vents, would destroy cubes being transported to one side of the chamber to the other or kill a player who went on a tube ride without disabling it first.

- There's no easy way to attach a laser to the turret's eye laser. This just seems like a way to annoy players.
- I'll probably just remove this item, since it has some unavoidable triggering bugs.
- This is a nice idea, I remember something similar to this in Portal: The Flash Version.
- I can actually do this rather easily now, so I'll probably include it.
- Not really necersary, just put a laserfield/fizzler at the beginning or end of the vactube.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
- This is a nice idea, I remember something similar to this in Portal: The Flash Version.
- Not really necersary, just put a laserfield/fizzler at the beginning or end of the vactube.

- for the electric floor and wall panels, when you design them, see if you can make them glow a light blue somehow when they are turned on like they did in the flash version. make them kill the player and turrets instantly upon touching one. make them NOT destroy cubes and items)
- for the vactube laserfield/fizzler, i SPECIFICALLY want a laserfield/fizzler that is embedded in a section of the vacuum tube. not placed at the beginning or end. to design this, cut a brush into a round circle for the fizzler field with the sculpt tool. then you would place that so it would be in the middle of one of those large white rings you see in the vacuum tube. this would be used for something like where a player had to press a button so a tube would redirect a cube to a different tube so it wouldn't go flying into the branch of the tube with the fizzler in the tube. same thing for the player in a tube ride and a laser field in the middle of the tube.

also i have some new suggestions for custom test elements i forgot.

- a laser cube that fires a thermal discouragement beam out of it, player would have to carry it around and aim it at laser switches to hold a door open to get through doors and stuff. (this is a good one, ADD THIS ONE)
- a fake departure elevator (door would be placed and used as a aesthetic prop, but player couldn't get to elevator, most likely a trap door panel would be triggered by a invisible trigger and open and drop them into a hidden part of the test chamber when they got close to the fake elevator door)
- can custom gels be made, if so i have a idea for 3 types of gels, one is normal sticky gel, one is a gel that harms the player, and the last one is a gel that is out of this world
-- purple sticky gel of course
-- a aquamarine colored electric gel (this would work like the electric wall and floor panels except it couldn't be turned off, make a gel that is a blue green color that electrocutes the player, but unlike the panels it slowly damages them and doesn't kill them instantly, also it kills turrets, and destroys cubes if they touch it, kinda of like the green/blue electric goop from super Mario sunshine)
-- a butter like colored gel that glows in the dark (this one has some weird special properties, besides glowing in the dark and emitting light it makes black non portable surfaces it is attached to able to hold portals, but unlike moon rock gel it makes normal portable surfaces become unportable when it is on them. also it fizzles cubes but not turrets and the player.

- I'll probably make the electric panels ShortCircuit frankenturrets as well (stopping them from moving).
- What you could instead do is have a gap in the vactube network, and put the fizzler there. I could make a fizzler vactube, but then I'd need to also make one for all the kinds of custom fizzlers.
- RADELITE's item collection has this exact laser cube.
- A fake exit elevator won't be added. All it does is confuse players, you shouldn't be tricking people like that.
- We can't make custom gel items, not without certain tricks which won't work nicely in the PeTI.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
TeamSpen210 wrote:
- What you could instead do is have a gap in the vactube network, and put the fizzler there. I could make a fizzler vactube, but then I'd need to also make one for all the kinds of custom fizzlers.

- just make a vacuum tube with a fizzler in it, don't put a gap in the vacuum tube, the gap will be buggy with cubes etc getting thrown out the one tube and not going into the other vacuum tube.

also i have a few questions about and a few suggestions for the new bee2

- is it possible to add custom test chamber narrator voices yet?
- when will this version of bee2 come out?
- make sure you get bottomless pits included in the initial release, a clean glados style would be good for this first release of open clean test chambers.

so when's the new bee2 coming out?

It'll be out two years ago. :P

VBSP failed: Could not open instance file instances/luke18033/signature.vmf
PreviousPage 13 of 14Next