Please or Register to create posts and topics.

BEE2 Addons

PreviousPage 10 of 14Next

That's the "too many items" error from the engine perspective. It might actually be because of something I did to reduce entity counts. Dropperless cube instances only have an env_entity_maker to spawn the cube in via a template in global_ents. My cube droppers also have a chance to spawn some junk (a camera, turret bits, bean cans) to drop out with the first cube dispense. That could also cause the problem, try toggling the additional checkbox on the dropper to turn that off.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Nope, that didn't change the outcome. For further testing I ended up removing seven stairs, one piston platform and one grated panel but it still crashed. When I switched back to Clean style it worked like a charm again. The original file is attached if you want to look into this. You don't need to do it for me, the map is already published as it was intended.

I have a request for a lot of new items that will be easy for you should add to the bee2 addons most of them are for the clean style, i have started working on the portal 2 clean test chambers mod and highly requesting these items

- 2x2 voxel centered faith plate (large version of it too)
- 2x2 voxel centered excursion funnel
- 2x1 centered test chamber world portal doors
- 2x1 centered piston platform with the ability to set the angle of the plate
- large track piston platform (like the one you see in the wheateley test chamber with the laser field)
- 2x2 centered auto portal (piston version too)
- cold light strips (the ones that some modder uploaded to here look purple and look like crap)
- 1/2 voxel wide observation room (the real small one, make it so it can be positioned around like a lightstrip)
- 2x2 voxel centered box droppers
- 2x1 centered draw bridge (w/ options to set panel length to 2/3/or 4)
- pneumatic diversity vents, tubes, junctions, bends, entrances and exits (let me tell you how to do this in hammer, use point pushes to move things through the vent without problems and around corners smoothly, the direction of the red arrow in the point push is the direction of the suction in the tube. make a vent exit which would be placed on the wall or ceiling of the test chamber with a hole cut in the wall or ceiling for turrets and stuff to automatically get removed from the vent, also design a entrance item too that generates boxes and cubes etc that would go through tubes for test chamber decoration
- also create gel tubes based on the similar stuff of the PDV
- add 2x2 voxel centered weighted, cube and ball buttons

Gels can't be detected, so gel tubes are basically impossible. I am working on fixing a lot of the original items, and will probably do something to fix the tubes and make entry/exit things like that. I'm not going to make a version of every single item but centered. You should really use hammer for that.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

TeamSpen210

I just got a million dollar idea on how to create proper test chamber style transitions.

Instead of creating a bunch of new styles that would have different exit elevators that would make it look like a transition to a different style (like a clean test chamber with a overgrown exit elevator to transition to a overgrown style obviously) instead you create a item similar to the chamber lock you created, but instead it would be the whole chamber exit with the elevator and everything and vote screen and you would make several styles of it such as a overgrown one to transition to a overgrown style or one with a underground elevator to transition to a underground style. i would make each style of it like the wall feature so depending on if cube, sphere, etc is selected it would choose a somewhat different exit elevator for the style the item was for such as for the overgrown style selecting cube would give a elevator with debris getting sucked out of it, selecting sphere would give a elevator with debris falling into it. you make a item for each style that has different possibilities what elevator will show up. then you tell players if they place on of these in their test chamber that they must make the regular exit elevator in PTI remain closed.

Each test is supposed to be in a different universe, so you're teleporting back/forward to Earth Prime each time. That explains the change in styles. The BEE2 isn't really for story anyway.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

So I ended up moving my mod onto Github, and as a bounus it now has much better documentation. I'd suggest posting bugs or similar things on the Github to keep it a bit more organised. It'll also have the things I'm currently working on (that haven't been released), if anyone's interested.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

V44 of my mod is released.
It mainly contains a full restyle of the P1 Style Coop entrances and exits. You arrive and leave together inside the P1 elevators. I've also released the piston version of Angled Panels and Glass Panels (these are actually very complicated). There's a bunch of other bugfixes and tweaks, although no new items.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel

i have a few suggestions for a future update, and speaking of update when is the next one coming out?

now my suggestions

- add some triggers or custom cubes to create assistance tool tips like the ones you see at the beginning of the single player campaign that tell you to pick up a cube or place a cube on a button. (these would be used for the beginning of a big portal 2 mod made entirely in PTI.)
- add a fizzler/emancipation grill that moves on a track like a track platform (i saw one of these in a custom map, could be used to make some challenging puzzles.
- create invisible kill triggers for bottomless pits (use the fizzler as the base for this object)
- see if you can figure out how to create it and start working on the wheatley style, I haven't heard anything from those "other guys and ben" about the wheatley style or back stock coming out anytime soon.

I'm not poanning on updating for a while, I'm busy working on rewriting the BEE2 (to make it much more customisable, and allow for a bunch of new things).
- These aren't needed. Firstly the PeTI isn't for making big "mods" or similar things with stories, use Hammer for that sort of thing. Second, people who would play this should have already played the main storyline, or otherwise would be experienced enough to know how to move cubes.
- There's a couple ways this isn't really feasible, mainly due to the fact that I can't allow the fizzler and track items to overlap.
- This isn't needed at all - toxic goo will be transformed into a bottomless pit, for styles that use it.
- I'll work on the Wheatley style after I actually finish rewriting the BEE2 itself, and fixing styles to support newer features.

My stuff:
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
PreviousPage 10 of 14Next