Please or Register to create posts and topics.

are solvable puzzles necessary?

Page 1 of 4Next

I'm currently working on a map that requires bunny hopping, cube jumping, reportalling, exfu glitch, ect. And I was wondering if TWP allows maps that require these skills/ glitches to be solved. Any help on those rules would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance. :lol:

Big Mood

I don't think it's a problem. Just be sure to mention that the player should know these skills in order to solve the map ^^

Never use Logic to solve a puzzle, he's an idiot...

Maps that rely on engine glitches such as these are strongly discouraged. You will severely limit your player base of people who will complete, not to mention enjoy, your maps. I know that I, personally, would instantly rate a map 0/5 if it requires stuff like this. People play Portal to solve puzzles, not to glitch the engine.

Can you upload it? Sure. Will we remove it? No. Will we feel sorry for you when everyone tells you it's an awful map? Not a chance.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
Maps that rely on engine glitches such as these are strongly discouraged. You will severely limit your player base of people who will complete, not to mention enjoy, your maps. I know that I, personally, would instantly rate a map 0/5 if it requires stuff like this. People play Portal to solve puzzles, not to glitch the engine.

Can you upload it? Sure. Will we remove it? No. Will we feel sorry for you when everyone tells you it's an awful map? Not a chance.

This.

Thanks for clarifying that with me. Maybe I'll get a 1/5 from someone who can manage these tricks. Long live GLaDOS. :notworthy:

Big Mood

I would like a bhopping challenge. (Dont listen to these nubs).

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chickenmobile wrote:
Please revoke my position as a staff member.

Okay.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
npc_msleeper_boss wrote:
chickenmobile wrote:
Please revoke my position as a staff member.

Okay.

This kind of made my day.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

So...
Yes to the map?
Or no, everyone will hate it?

Big Mood

personally I'd hate it.

Page 1 of 4Next