Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A final boss that WAS difficult but not anymore

PreviousPage 3 of 3

You gotta remember, Wheatley IS a moron. His attacks was suppose to be crazy, but he lacks defense. Yeah, it was easy, but I don't recall Portal being a hard game in the first place. Also, if it was a hard and long battle, it would not fit Wheatley. Maybe if the boss battle was GLaDOS again, it could have been harder since she probably does not want you to kill her again.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
Groxkiller585 wrote:
Nope. If you want a harder boss, trying decompiling the map and make it yourself for personal pleasure.

It's a good idea, but if he does make the boss than he'll already know how to beat it. No matter how difficult it is, part of Portal boss fights is figuring out how you can acually hurt the boss. The puzzle element thrown in with the action alows the action to still be Portal!

I completely agree. Wheatley was way too easy.
Personally, I agree MasterLagger. They should put it in as downloadable content. Or better yet, would remaking the game as an advanced mode be too much to ask?

~Alec~

Nighthawk0973 wrote:
Groxkiller585 wrote:
Nope. If you want a harder boss, trying decompiling the map and make it yourself for personal pleasure.

It's a good idea, but if he does make the boss than he'll already know how to beat it. No matter how difficult it is, part of Portal boss fights is figuring out how you can acually hurt the boss. The puzzle element thrown in with the action alows the action to still be Portal!

Throwing in some logic_cases and logic_timers to change what you need to do at what time would spice it up by being random every time you play.

hanging_rope wrote:
On topic, I think a better boss would be one that is slightly more of an intellectual challenge rather than a physical one. But that's just my opinion, make whatever you want.

I think this is a great idea! :thumbup:

Groxkiller585 wrote:
Nighthawk0973 wrote:
Groxkiller585 wrote:

Throwing in some logic_cases and logic_timers to change what you need to do at what time would spice it up by being random every time you play.

I don't think a random timer would be a good idea. Nobody would want to play a map that could keep the player alive for 10 seconds or any other unreasonable amount of time.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

It doesn't have to do with killing you, it could be used to randomly fire events. You can set the random time range so it can't be 10 seconds to something more reasonable like 10 minutes.

MasterLagger wrote:
When I was listening to the commentary about designing Wheatley, I heard that they originally had Wheatley use Bombs, Crushers, and attaching turrets to himself. They took it off because they thought it would be too difficult.

My Question: Does anyone else want to have a harder final boss battle similar to the original battle?

i won it while drinking a soda.

why make a signature when i could just put this?

Ok everybody, I've made my decision. I will include 2 hard boss battles in my upcoming map-pack,
"The Part Where Everything Went To Hell." It's my own alternate, non-canon, darker version of Portal 2. It will be a lot shorter than Portal 2, however I can promise you at least 19 test chambers with deadly trap ideas from the Traps topic I made a few weeks ago. Now that I'm back home I can start working on it.

Edit: To be more specific, it'll start off after Chell goes into the elevator after picking up the dual portal device from the incinerator room.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 3 of 3