Please or Register to create posts and topics.

A final boss that WAS difficult but not anymore

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Cool someone also working on boss battle :)
i?m working on it about some weeks ago

Never really thought the boss battle to be hard.

First guy tells the second guy, "My head hurts!" The second guy replied, "Stop thinking so much!" Then the first guy says, "I think that what caused my problem in the first place!" The second guy says, "Then stop banging you head against the wall!"

ImageImageVDC User Page

Does anyone think there should be a Bonus Map for the upcoming DLC that includes an Advanced Boss Chamber?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]
MasterLagger wrote:
Does anyone think there should be a Bonus Map for the upcoming DLC that includes an Advanced Boss Chamber?

Not really.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

Okay, anyone else?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

Nope. If you want a harder boss, trying decompiling the map and make it yourself for personal pleasure.

Hmm... 2 for no, 1 for yes, anyone else?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"

Is this vote a popularity contest? Just trying to find people to validate your beliefs?

If you think a better final boss fight would be better, make it happen. Why are we voting?

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster

I just want to know people's opinion about this. If the majority of people do want a harder boss battle, I'll try to make it. If not, then I don't think I should waste my time trying to make something nobody wants.

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"

Indie games, mods and custom maps are more about what YOU want, rather than what everyone else wants. You still have to design it so that others can understand and enjoy it, but aiming for a niche market is not usually a problem, especially when you aren't actually trying to make money from it.

On topic, I think a better boss would be one that is slightly more of an intellectual challenge rather than a physical one. But that's just my opinion, make whatever you want.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next