Please or Register to create posts and topics.

2012 Mapping Competition winners!

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next
Djinndrache wrote:
last year there were more submissions

Were they of generally worse quality than this years?

"Such monstrous sucking-constructions aren't built within one afternoon"
Moth wrote:
Djinndrache wrote:

Mine sure was. ;) (Though I didn't technically enter in either competition.) Besides, wasn't there more time to map last year anyway?

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Maps in Development:
[spoiler]- Penrose 04 (on hold)[/spoiler]

It was pretty much the same amount of time.

I knew that I blasted out my coop map in 2 weeks.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
LambdaCore 21 wrote:
that was the first game-related contest for me and i really enjoyed it!
more than expected actually :-D

congratz to the winners, i will certainly look for the next contest! :thumbup:

Make a normal Single-Player map next time. Your submission this time was great, but I wish more people could have played it properly. :)

Moth wrote:
Djinndrache wrote:

Well, decide on your own.
Ratings last year: mapping-contest/full-list-of-contest-map-ratings-t3842.html
Ratings this year: announces/list-of-all-rankings-contest-2012-t7243.html

I blame the smaller number of participants both on the tendency for custom content communities to dwindle as time from first release passes. As well as the lack of Valve based pimpage that we received during last year's contest, but didn't get this year.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Whoa congrats everyone! I saw some great maps out there. Unfortunately I didn't have time to finish my map, but I'll do it soon and release it on the Workshop.
Great job both judges and creators!

Yeah, I'm 7th! And I thought I would be somewhere around the 15th place.
Well done everybody. I hope to win something next time. :lol:

My map: Deja vu. 1300 downloads!
My contest map: Funnelfling.

The instructions to download a map say to click on the download button. That's what I've done previously for other maps in download DB, but does not work for the 2012 contest winners. The download button for the contest winners take you to the steamcommunity site for the map. From there, I can't find a link that will actually download the file. The only button was "Subscribe". I clicked that, and now I'm subscibed. That didn't seem to do anything to help I tried restarting steam. I don't know why it can't work like all the other downloads, but whatever the method is for the 2012 winners, it's not apparent to me. I would appreciate some help.

Thanks,

Hi,

Once you've subscribed to it, just go into Portal2 and into the 'Community Test Cambers' option and then 'Play Single Player Chambers' option and the map should then be displayed in the list.

You might have to scroll down to find it in the list, and also make sure it says 'My Queue' at the top of the list, if it says 'My History' then click it to change it to 'My Queue'.

Then, if you click on the map name and then the 'play' button, it will start to download it and then play it after its downloaded.

Rob.

My Portal2 Map: Trapped

My Travel Blog:
PreviousPage 3 of 4Next