Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Wheatley shouldn't just be floating around in space.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
Yenwood wrote:
He was launched out into space. It doesn't take much effort to "ignore gravity." Earth also doesn't have a large atmosphere, (in relative terms) so he won't be effected by gravity just because Earth is somewhere in the radius of where he was launched. Space core wouldn't of been able to interrupt Wheatley if he weren't orbiting him. Also, it would be a bad ending if you died at the climax of the game. Bad way to make a game, heh.

The size of Earth's atmosphere has no relationship whatsoever with its gravitational effects. Also, the only reason that the moon orbits at the distance it does is that it is massive enough to exert its gravitational force on the Earth from farther than objects such as man-made satellites, which orbit very nearby. Wheatley has virtually no gravitational field compared to the Earth, or for that matter most other objects on the Earth. So, depending on the angle that he was shot off the moon from, he could have completely missed Earth, or hit it. It's a bit difficult to tell from where the moon portal was placed.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]
NeXT-Gen_P0rtal wrote:
But I don't like that it was a scripted video.

I decompiled sp_a4_finale4. It wasn't. In fact, the whole moon was rotated 180 degrees and directly under your feet. The floor you are walking is 2 units thin, and the portal is an actual hole surrounded by a particle effect.

The Aperture Alpha
A map pack coming soon. - click for more information

Wheatley was pushed the other way by Solar Wind.

Duh.

Im joking, stupid

Another Bad Pun wrote:
Wheatley was pushed the other way by Solar Wind.

Duh.

Im joking, stupid

Of course. That explains it! :roll: Just to be clear, you do know what solar wind is?

Brainstone wrote:
NeXT-Gen_P0rtal wrote:
But I don't like that it was a scripted video.

I decompiled sp_a4_finale4. It wasn't. In fact, the whole moon was rotated 180 degrees and directly under your feet. The floor you are walking is 2 units thin, and the portal is an actual hole surrounded by a particle effect.

Yes, I knew that, what I was mostly talking about was the turret opera and the field of wheat.

Vordwann wrote:
...depending on the angle that he was shot off the moon from, he could have completely missed Earth, or hit it. It's a bit difficult to tell from where the moon portal was placed.

Judging from the sparkle on the moon when you shoot the portal, I'd say that Wheatley (again, assuming he escaped the moon's gravity) that he'd be launched into a decaying orbit around earth, before re-entering the atmosphere and most likely sinking into the ocean, or smashing into bits on land.

MasterLagger wrote:
Yeah, I get where NeXT-Gen_P0rtal is coming from. I mean Wheatley is just as hilarious as GLaDOS is and he ends up gets sucked into space for nothing. His incompetence almost destroyed the facility, but the body he was connected to made him crazier. I think Wheatley deserves at least one more game considering the all the times he helped Chell out.

The part where Portal and Half-Life "intertwine" as you put it, is the Borealis appearing in HL2 Ep.2. The dock the Borealis was in is in Portal 2 in the underground area.
Wheatley's incompetence will destroy the Combine! :lol:

Well said.

A 13 year-old roboticist, 1337 G33|<, P0rtal fanatic, and future world dominator. Chariots chariots chariots.

Check out my Portal 2 Workshop! http://steamcommunity.com/id/nextgenp0r ... shopfiles/
"Never give up, never surrender. P0rtal forever." - NeXTGenP0rtaler.

Join my robot-related Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupofrobots
NeXT-Gen_P0rtal wrote:
Of course. That explains it! Just to be clear, you do know what solar wind is?

Maybe the pun wasn't obvious enough

Another Bad Pun wrote:
NeXT-Gen_P0rtal wrote:
Of course. That explains it! Just to be clear, you do know what solar wind is?

Maybe the pun wasn't obvious enough

Maybe so.... But seriously, do you know that there is actually a phenomena called solar wind, and what it is?

A 13 year-old roboticist, 1337 G33|<, P0rtal fanatic, and future world dominator. Chariots chariots chariots.

Check out my Portal 2 Workshop! http://steamcommunity.com/id/nextgenp0r ... shopfiles/
"Never give up, never surrender. P0rtal forever." - NeXTGenP0rtaler.

Join my robot-related Steam group! http://steamcommunity.com/groups/groupofrobots

But how does pressure work through portals? I mean, they're completely destroying the laws of thermodynamics already. Why not other physics?

Falsi sumus crusto!

Wheatley can't be too far from Earth. I mean, his VGA was able to be launched to him pretty quickly considering the rocket only took about three seconds to get to him.

And then it hit him. And he was knocked out of orbit.

There, the Spike VGAs fixed your physics. You're welcome.

But he didn't win the VGA. Maybe they had a fake one to throw at him whether he won or not, launched beforehand?

Falsi sumus crusto!

we could not press the button because of the bombs placed near the glass panels.If you go near it,it would be KABBOOM!! . the only way to press the button is to remove the bombs.

Game mapper.

[spoiler]not really[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next