Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Turn Off Goo Reflection?

PreviousPage 2 of 2
wildgoosespeeder wrote:
Is there a way to permanently have this command be executed when the game loads so I don't have to trigger it manually everytime?

Yes, unfortunately only using hammer. Maybe you can make a batch file to run Portal2 and send the console command immediately after the game has started up...

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Add it to autoexec.cfg?

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
Add it to autoexec.cfg?

Indeed

josepezdj wrote:
FelixGriffin wrote:
Add it to autoexec.cfg?

Indeed

Do you mean "config.cfg" because that is the closest thing I could find. Even adding the command in that file, the game restores it to the previous state. Or do I have to create "autoexec.cfg" somewhere? What am I doing wrong?

Click my Steam Profile image to view my Portal 2 Workshop!

Single Player Tests - Excellent Partnership (Coop) - Single Player BEE Mod Tests
wildgoosespeeder wrote:
Do you mean "config.cfg" because that is the closest thing I could find. Even adding the command in that file, the game restores it to the previous state. Or do I have to create "autoexec.cfg" somewhere? What am I doing wrong?

1. Go to your Portal2/portal2/cfg folder
2. Create an autoexec.cfg (plain) text file if there isn't any
3. Add r_WaterDrawReflection 0 in

:thumbup:

josepezdj wrote:
wildgoosespeeder wrote:

1. Go to your Portal2/portal2/cfg folder
2. Create an autoexec.cfg (plain) text file if there isn't any
3. Add r_WaterDrawReflection 0 in

:thumbup:

Don't you mean:

1. Go to "[Steam Installation Folder]steamappscommonportal 2portal2cfg".
2. Create "autoexec.cfg" from a new plain text file.
3. ???
4. PROFIT!

(Step 3 can be any console command)

:lol:

[hr]

Anyways, that did work. Problem solved! :thumbup:

Just a quick question. What does r_WaterDrawRefraction mean? I know what refraction means but I didn't see any visual difference with it being 0 instead of 1...

Single Player Tests - Excellent Partnership (Coop) - Single Player BEE Mod Tests

It means that water will refract what's underneath it. The fog effect is poweful enough that Portal's toxic goo would have to be VERY thin to see anything through it, so the effect is mostly wasted.

Falsi sumus crusto!

OK, since it is a waste really, it will further increase performance if I set that to 0 as well. <-- Doing that screws up the water found in the area after Wheatley smashes you through the pit to fall thousands of feet below the ground.

Thanks for all your help. :thumbup:

PreviousPage 2 of 2