Please or Register to create posts and topics.

THIS POST HAS BEEN BLANKED

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next
TheTestmasterSphere wrote:
But she may have some flaws.
She can survive one or two hits by lasers or turrets, but she is instantly taken out by deadly goop.
And how does she get hurt by seemingly infinite falls? She has the boots.

I'm petty sure the boots won't work after a certain distance. In the event of 'The Fall', Chell hit wooden planks on her way down. Good point about the goop though, but what fun would it be if you took 32 tries at aiming a laser because you accidentally hit yourself with the beam and die.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Chell also managed to do all this while not sleeping, eating or drinking for over twelve hours as well as surviving the various health risks associated with emancipation grills, repulsion gel, conversion gel, propulsion gel, the vacuum of space, funnels and being exposed to neurotoxin up to four times. (Portal 1, when neurotoxin generator implodes, final boss battle, GLaDOS will gas you if you hang around in the test chamber Wheatley rescues you from)

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

I would just drink some cleansing gel.

TeamSpen210 wrote:
Chell also managed to do all this while not sleeping, eating or drinking for over twelve hours as well as surviving the various health risks...

So did Gordon. For what's porbably about 3-4 days in Half Life 2. In fact I just noticed how strange that is that the games never have the player eating...we can just pretend that Chell scrounged around in Old Aperture for leftovers and that Gordon feasted at Black Mesa East.

EDIT: More food for Chell: maybe those bean cans in the Rat Man dens weren't empty?

Perhaps there are other chemicals in the "adrenal vapor" that GLaDOS pumps into the test chambers from time to time?

Falsi sumus crusto!

here's my idea: she has a very very special power that only a select few have...

...gordon freeman has it...
...Chell has it...
...katniss everdeen has it...
...hugo reyes has it...
...I dare say, even emitt the construction worker probably has it...
..it's the rarest, most powerful super ability known to mankind:

And its called...

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

ImageImage
===========================
Im blue, a Clean Christian Furry with Autism.
tile wrote:
she has a very very special power that only a select few have...

I think that would be too much phantasy like..

Yeah, Protagonist immunity has existed as long as there have been protagonists, but it's only recently that game designers have been thinking outside the box and finding ways to explain their superhuman ability to regenerate health, win every battle and never eat. And when it comes to making your main character die midway through, even Call of Duty has gotten in on the act.

But in this particular case, I'd say that Chell employs whatever magic lead character plot device most others do in order to get every puzzle right first time, and does what James Bond does to avoid eating or going to the bathroom. Gordon Freeman, on the other hand, can be explained in-canon - by the action of the G-man. I suspect that it's not just a case of him seeing Gordon in the Black Mesa incident and seeing him as a good lackey, but also protecting the scientist by giving him extra chances in order to protect his mysterious interests.

Current Community Contributor status: not a community contributor. Lost it. :(

Two words: quantum immortality. If you make a fatal mistake, that timeline ends and you go back to the last quantum random decision point aka autosave.

Falsi sumus crusto!

well gorden freeman is in half-life. why is Chell intafeared in half-life? Well on with this topic. well no. Chell is not a super human. Because Chell has boots on that pretect her feet so no.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next