Please or Register to create posts and topics.

ThinkingWithPortals Adds Java IRC

For those of you who hate the thought of downloading yet another program onto your computer and hesitate to install mIRC or XChat, we've just added an IRC applet for everyone to use.

https://www.thinking.withportals.com/irc/

Hop on and come chat with us, ask question about mapping, or watch GLaDOS go crazy when you try to keep her company

Quote:
<GLaDOS> msleeper: Oh, yeah. Ai. I'm pretty sure that only started happening after i added glados to the final challenge where we pretended we were going to kill me.

<GLaDOS> msleeper: Fuck yeah! We are number 1 on a friday and saturday night, find a vacant parking lot, and park my car there and sit in it alone, all to make my parents think i have to login as glados and manually remove the signatures of people who fuck up.

<GLaDOS> msleeper: The device has been telling you rational sentences.

<GLaDOS> Korjagun: All subjects intending to handle high-energy gamma-leaking portal technology must be informed that they may be vital to your success. We are throwing a party in honor of your vital organs to the left of the test.

Erm, right GLaDOS. Whatever you say.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

hey! i don wanna go to a java irc applet! that front page irc link was so convenient before! can't you put the regular irc link next to the java one?

--

The cake is a PI

--

Add me on STEAM: iamafractal
I'm up for coop games & beta testing your maps...

--

Is the IRC server down or am I just having problems on my end?

iamafractal wrote:
hey! i don wanna go to a java irc applet! that front page irc link was so convenient before! can't you put the regular irc link next to the java one?

Scroll down, the IRC information is still there.

Remmiz wrote:
Is the IRC server down or am I just having problems on my end?

I might change it to a different server, which is a shame because I like nac.net, but we'll see. I wasn't able to connect myself, but other did test it and it did work.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Still unable to connect. Both in the Java applet and in an external IRC client :(

Well it looks like nac.net and efnet.net don't like the java interface, but prison.net is okay with it so everything should be fine now. Chat away!

I'm thinking it might be a good idea to have a prompt for a username before joining the channel. I've seen a fair number of people in irc not wanting to be named "Subject#". Granted, they could just the /nick command. But the applet is marketed towards people who are unfamiliar with irc.

I don't think I can have it start out with a prompt. Plus the Subject## fits the Aperture theme.