Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Thread For Small Problems And Requests

PreviousPage 3 of 24Next

Like the ones in Chapter 6 "The fall"

I took over the facility, turned a giant robot into a potato and I've been sent into outer-space... twice... What's your story?
P0rtalFTW wrote:
Um, I've got a problem... I've been trying to get a push door working but it's just not doing anything... How do I fix this?

You need a func_button too. If you're still unsure how to do it, just use this instance.
post55634.html#p55634

I'm interested in having my question answered.

What does that " // " mean?

It makes the input invalid (so it won't do anything), but easy to enable again. Double slashes are used to comment out lines of code in C-like languages. The programmer wanted to remove that input, but thought s/he might need it again later.

Falsi sumus crusto!

Thanks!

I have a bit of a question - someone, somewhere, talked about trimming scene files (i.e., shortening dialogue to specific bits), and so I was wondering if anybody knew how to do this? Some GLaDOS lines have exactly what I want, but other lines ruin it. For example, I want "I'll be right back. Don't touch anything.", but I don't want the whole "Perfect, the door's malfunctioning" bit.

Can anyone help? I know someone has done it before. Failing this, I could use an ambient generic, but I'd like the subtitles to work as well.

ImageImage

I have a rotating portalgun that doesn't link to prop_portals and I have a door that refuses to move. (Custom door model parented to a func_door.

yishbarr wrote:
I have a rotating portalgun that doesn't link to prop_portals and I have a door that refuses to move. (Custom door model parented to a func_door.

1. Check the portal ID pair, make sure they're both the same - that should be 0.

2. Check that it's actually parented, that it's a prop_dynamic, that the func_door is getting proper inputs, that the func_door's settings actually work, and also check the flags of the func_door (just ticking off the 'turned off at the power point' type problems)

ImageImage
srs bsnss wrote:
I have a bit of a question - someone, somewhere, talked about trimming scene files (i.e., shortening dialogue to specific bits), and so I was wondering if anybody knew how to do this? Some GLaDOS lines have exactly what I want, but other lines ruin it. For example, I want "I'll be right back. Don't touch anything.", but I don't want the whole "Perfect, the door's malfunctioning" bit.

Can anyone help? I know someone has done it before. Failing this, I could use an ambient generic, but I'd like the subtitles to work as well.

Do you mean you want the sound, or is the sound finished and you want sub-titles?

I took over the facility, turned a giant robot into a potato and I've been sent into outer-space... twice... What's your story?
PreviousPage 3 of 24Next