Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The ThinkingWithPortals Map Showcasing Thread

PreviousPage 250 of 257Next
Arachnaphob wrote:
It's apparently been more than a month since the last update, and i'm still posting on the same page of the TWPMSP. Huh.

Anyways, here's a WIP thing I finished at 1 AM, and here's that same thing with a silly glitch.

And about that demo... that I mentioned like a decade ago... It's still a thing, but it's just not as early as I would like it to be. (sorry)

I'd suggest attaching the light to a small invisible physics prop like a potatOS model to set the swing origin, then use a phys_ballsocket on the potato and the origin of the rope at the spot it is hanging from.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

L1zard promised he'd do the rest

Spector

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Big Mood

@portal2tenacious: WOW! seriously looking amazing!!! Can't wait to play it!! :thumbup:

portal2tenacious wrote:
Spoiler
ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Still a work in progress, but coming along.

ImageImage

WOW Steve!! Impressive screenshots!! Can't wait to play it, man! Loving the layout a lot already! Keep up the awesome work! :thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

These picture don't really tell a lot, but just wanted to share it. The map I am working on is a trap maze kind of map. If you watched "Cube" movie series, you will know what to expect in this map.
Note: jumpscares included.

Wait was that screen overlay added in the game or in photoshop or something afterwards? If that's ingame I really want to know how you did that because I could never get the screen overlay entity or command to work in portal 2.

CamBen wrote:
Wait was that screen overlay added in the game or in photoshop or something afterwards? If that's ingame I really want to know how you did that because I could never get the screen overlay entity or command to work in portal 2.

Sorry to disappoint you, but it is all photoshop. Though gaved me an idea for it, will have to look into it myself. Why did the screen overlay didn't work?

Edit:
Just made screen overlay work... well atleast still testing it. Here is something to know:
Make the command to enable screen overlays by console (no need for sv_cheats), r_drawscreenoverlay 1.
The second command is r_screenoverlay [directions to the file, etc. effects/overlay].

Seems to work, but not on all effects, some are glitching out, others are good (check hud/camera_viewfinder_ul, looks sweet). Still needs more testing though.
Might as well make a new discussion thread after I look into it more.

Awesome, thanks. That will be very useful in my horror map I'm making :D

josepezdj wrote:
@portal2tenacious: WOW! seriously looking amazing!!! Can't wait to play it!! :thumbup:

portal2tenacious wrote:
Spoiler

PreviousPage 250 of 257Next