Please or Register to create posts and topics.

The Off-Topic Thread

PreviousPage 9 of 58Next
Rubrica wrote:
Indeed; when I write query letters, I find it a good practice to boil it down to a paragraph, and then the idea is that if someone asks you in person, you can give them a one-sentence summary.

On that note, any other aspiring writers here? Any of you do NaNoWriMo?

I write all the time. Writing is pretty much my biggest hobby, but I've never had anything published. However, I have been working on a book for a while now. I'm thinking about calling it Fuse. (But only if the name isn't already taken.)

Who cares if it's taken? What matters os if it's well known. ;) Anyway, what genres do you write in? Tend tend to do young adult urban fantasy - a mouthful, I know, but fun. I also do soft scifi on occasion.

ImageImageImageImage
Rubrica wrote:
Who cares if it's taken? What matters os if it's well known. ;) Anyway, what genres do you write in? Tend tend to do young adult urban fantasy - a mouthful, I know, but fun. I also do soft scifi on occasion.

I usually write in the mystery theme or fantasy. I'll do sci-fi sometimes, but I never go too deep into it. My favorite books are the ones that create a very interesting and novel atmosphere, Such as Ender's Game and Running out of Time. My writing strategy has always been to create a new and atmospheric setting, and then mess with it using some type of twisted or evil plot. My favorite plot twist is time travel, mostly because with time travel in my plot I can implement all sorts of random crud I couldn't have done otherwise. (Paradoxes for the win!) Sorry for the late reply by the way.

...Wow... That was a big post...

I got up at 5 am, and went downstairs to watch a movie by myself.

It's a peaceful time of the day. 5 am on a Saturday is typically very quiet.

"Conversation with Other Women" put me in a sentimental mood.

I am a sentimental person to begin with, so the film just accentuated that aspect of me.

I was particularly sentimental about my son this morning. After he woke up, I carried him like a baby to the living room to have breakfast, and I spoon-fed him myself. Pretty soon, he wouldn't want me to feed him anymore.

I am missing the past when the past is still the present.

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

PortalStories.com
"Oh, in case you got covered in that repulsion gel, here's some advice the lab boys gave me: DO NOT get covered in the repulsion gel."
iWork925 wrote:
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

Either i'm still drunk from last night... or you are not making any sense at all :P

.:: [SP] Lost in Testing :: #1 :: #2 :: #3 :: #4 ::.
KenJeKenny!? wrote:
iWork925 wrote:

Either i'm still drunk from last night... or you are not making any sense at all :P

It's not just you. I know it's 1 am in the morning for me (guy's night out), but that statement makes absolutely no sense. I read it three times, and it's pure nonsense.

It's a meaningless meme. Trying to understand it will only result in your spiral into insanity.

Picture that. In your dreams.
Maps:
SP MonoPortal | Lesson 0
WIP: LaserLock Preview Images

Come on, that joke's been around since '09. Someone said that "sentence" on /v/ in response to a guy crapping on about the graphics of The Conduit, before it was taken and spammed around the internet by people trying to confuse others.

Congratulations on actually typing it out correctly though, unless of course you just copied/pasted.

PreviousPage 9 of 58Next