Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Strange Texture Problem

Page 1 of 3Next

in hammer i can see the portal textures and use them but as soon as i compile they are not the same texture in game they are a different texture...

any idea?

You probably mis-extracted the files. Try removing the materials in your HL2DM/CSS/whatever directory and starting over from scratch.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

this actually fixed some other issues, thanks.

however i just noticed i still have the problem.
when i run the map with mat_fullbright 1, the textures look correct.. however when i run the map with actual lighting the textures have new bumpmaps that i dont think are suppose to be there... its really annoying.

it makes the modular concrete walls have those lame rebar marks on them..

any idea? (also when i run the map in hl2dm all of the textures have extreme and ridiculous bumpmapping thats not present when fullbright is on in portal.. and even when there is lighting in portal the bumpmapping on the textures isnt near as ridiculous as in hl2dm.. im way confused)

In hammer
Shift + E
Place an env_cubemap
Compile
Load Game
Load Map
In console type 'buildcubemaps'

Life is like a pipe, it's hard to get through and you're not always guaranteed a happy ending.

that doesn't help unfortunately..

Make sure you restart your map once you build the cubemaps.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

problem still remains.. this is what it looks like.

left is hammer, and right in-game.

[img]http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j151/thedrewid/dumbwall.jpg[/img]

I noticed that problem when I loaded my map in hl2dm, but it looks fine in portal... very odd... :?

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

I didn't know that textures had bullet holes after compiled =/

Try going mat_fullbright 0 and see if the red is still there... if it isn't then it's a lighting problem.

I dont think they're bullet holes, they're supposed to be remnants of the mold used to cast the concrete I believe.

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]
Page 1 of 3Next