Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Steamcommunity map pack

PreviousPage 2 of 2
chabon333 wrote:
no dudes, i dont get it.. i click subscribe and the button changes and says im subscribed, but nothing happens. i open portal and nothing downloads, i dont know where the bsp files are, i dont get it. a download button would be much easier :(

Do you have a legal version of Portal 2 purchased through Steam?

In most cases you also have to restart portal 2 although I find it highly unlikely you haven't done that already.

Released Maps
[spoiler]WOM Test 1
Laser Cube Quest
Mho' Power - Community Spotlight!
Four Corners[/spoiler]

The .bsp files are in the portal2/portal2/maps/workshop folder. Also, make sure you're connected to steam and using the correct account. When I didn't have steam, I was still able to get items from the workshop. You won't have an easy time finding specific .bsp files, because they're all numbers, but I'm sure it's better than nothing.

Big Mood

oh right, i dont have steam account. but as you say, you can play the maps without steam account.. also, i lost my portal 2 dvds so i download it from the internet. i thought this was irrelevant. is there any way for me to play? i think the only way is by download the bsp from .rar files like always :(

No, I don't think so. You need to have an account to get the test chambers. But you can extract .bsp files from the steam directory when you don't have connection to steam.

Big Mood

how do you do that? are you saying there is a way to get the .bsp files without having a steam account? i mean, i have one, i created a while ago, but a free one. how can i extrat the .bsp file and get it to my computer so i can paste it to the maps folder and play it like i always do?

You need a proper link between Steam and Portal 2 for community testchambers to work. It sounds like either you bought the retail version, in which case you can link it to your Steam account, or you pirated it, in which case you won't be able to play community testchambers.

Released Maps
[spoiler]WOM Test 1
Laser Cube Quest
Four Corners[/spoiler]

i knew this wouldnt be much helpful -.- so again from the beginig.
is there any generous soul that can make a .rar file with a couple of .bsp files of community test chambers?
i would be eternally thankfull ! :D

chabon333 wrote:
is there any generous soul that can make a .rar file with a couple of .bsp files of community test chambers?

Nope. Get steam and link your Portal 2 game to your steam account. We do not appreciate pirating on this forum.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
chabon333 wrote:
i knew this wouldnt be much helpful -.- so again from the beginig.
i would be eternally thankfull ! :D

Just a little math:
~177960 maps (estimated) at about 5 or 6 MB each (just for PTI maps) gives us 1067760 MB, or 1.06 petabytes. This is uncompressed of course, but even assuming a 99% compression rate, this is still over 1 terabyte. (although you still need to uncompress each map to play it) That is enormous, and well beyond the limits of any well-known (i.e. not virus) hosting sites. So unless you have a friend willing to make 125 trips over to your house with a 8 GB flash drive, I can only repeat this:

ChickenMobile wrote:
chabon333 wrote:

Nope. Get steam and link your Portal 2 game to your steam account. We do not appreciate pirating on this forum.

Happy trails ;)

Released Maps
[spoiler]WOM Test 1
Laser Cube Quest
Four Corners[/spoiler]
PreviousPage 2 of 2