Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Steamcommunity map pack

Page 1 of 2Next

hello everyone, i was wondering if there is somewhere a map pack of the maps that you can only download from steamcommunity.com, and if there is not any, if some generous soul could make one and upload it somewhere.
this is because for some reason i cant play maps from steamcommunity, i always download them from the direct download and at some point everyone started uploading maps from steamcommunity so there are lots of maps i've never played.
thank you in advance, im sure im not the only one who cant play from steamcommunity so you are making a favour for a lot of portal 2 players like me :D

Can you describe why you can't download maps from the workshop?
It currently contains over 100000 maps, and nobody is going to pack up all of those into a single download.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

i dont know. its been a few months since almost everyone started uploading maps via steamcommunity, i just want that ones, only the single player ones. i didnt know there were over 10000 maps over there. i've played all single player maps that can be downloaded from the direct link of this page but since steamcommunity became mainstream i left aside a lot of maps, i thought there were less than 100000. anyway, any map pack of maps you can only find via steamcommunity would be great. if someone has the time to make it and upload it it would be great :D thanks!

So why exactly can't you download Workshop/Steam Community maps?

Crazy is as crazy does.
My Work
[spoiler]Maps:
Revenge of the Angry Turrets
Capture the Cube [Co-op]
Capture the Cube 2 [Co-op]
TPWEGTH Sample Map
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center
Aperture Aquatic Testing Center 2
Aperture Time Testing Center
ML's Halloween Trick - 1000 downloads!
ML's Halloween Treat
ML's Combination - 1000 downloads!
ML's Jailbreak Labyrinth
ML's Tricky Teamwork [Co-op]
WIP:
"Capture the Cube 3"
Workshop Maps Link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198008890579/myworkshopfiles/[/spoiler]

i dont know how man! is there somewhere a button that says "download" and it downloads a .rar file with the .bsp files in it? like the other way? i bet if you put all your maps in a rar file i would resolve them easily ;D

You know you can click the subscribe button on a workshop map and it auto downloads when you get into portal.

Just saying.

?????????????????????????????TWP Releases | My Workshop
ChickenMobile wrote:
You know you can click the subscribe button on a workshop map and it auto downloads when you get into portal.

Just saying.

Oh, that's right, Chicken! I should have mentioned that right away but I forgot!
There's a fair number of people who don't get that and keep looking for a download button on the workshop page.

Chabon, do what ChickenMobile said, then (re)start Portal 2 and select "community maps" -> "play single player maps". They should be right there.

Also, I just noticed that this topic is in "Portal single player". It should probably be in "Portal 2 Single Player / Coop", so I'm moving it if that's ok.

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

Unless they are talking about Portal 1 maps. Then the whole workshop deal is a bust.

no dudes, i dont get it.. i click subscribe and the button changes and says im subscribed, but nothing happens. i open portal and nothing downloads, i dont know where the bsp files are, i dont get it. a download button would be much easier :(

GO to community test chambers. It should be in your list.

Page 1 of 2Next