Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Speed Gel Is Fun

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

I really enjoyed it, mainly because it was not that hard. No signs where to go, but thats why it is fun, must run around and test things.

-= Check out my maps: workshop, and their .vmf sources: homepage =-

Very nice map, not very hard to finish but lots of fun.
I always like it when you can reenter an old room and somehow see it in a wider setting.

Keep it up :)

I don't know if you plan to make any more revisions, but here's a demo of me performing an exploit.

But other than this, I really enjoyed the map. Keep up the good work!

I liked the map, but I found a pretty big shortcut on my first play through. No one else has mentioned this one so I made a demo of it. It cuts off a pretty big chunk of the end and is pretty easy to perform.
I also performed a shortcut for the beginning part of the map, but I believe that's the same shortcut Shmitz found.

sgif_shortcuts.rar

I guess you could say this is my attempt at a speed run of this map, but it could really be quite a bit faster. Sometimes the fling that happens right after the first shortcut actually will land you on the upper catwalk which avoids the need for speed gel completely, but I got frustrated trying to capture a demo of that because I couldn't do it consistently. Other parts of the speedrun could be improved as well.

Was a fun map and I enjoyed working out what to do, but:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Aside from that, I loved it!

I loved this one :thumbup: I had to run around a bit figuring out what various things did, but that actually makes it more fun to solve.

As other posters have noted, there are ways to use reportaling in both rooms to shortcut the solution. I don't see that as a negative, though, because it gives more skillful players something fun to do.

Since I am not very skillful, I really appreciated that all of the flings seemed fairly death-proof. I screwed up many times, but didn't :notwant: once.

I look forward to playing more of your maps, especially if you stick with this style of taking just one primary mechanism and working it well. I'm all for variety in map-making, but the ones where the creator tries to pack in as many different mechanisms as they can at the expense of a consistent theme don't please me as much when I solve them.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]
Asphyx1ateD wrote:
Spoiler

I had difficulty with that part as well. I eventually found what seemed to be the intended solution:

Spoiler

Yes it is fun, and so was this map. Thanks!

I beat it in 42 seconds:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdNlVP1rGJc

Tyronis3 wrote:

Nice speedrun, even faster than I what I thought possible.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next