Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Speed Gel Is Fun

Page 1 of 3Next

My entry for the summer portal 2 contest. Set in the 1940's chambers, this one involves speed gel.

File Name: speedgelisfun.rar
File Size: 6.56 MiB
Click here to download Speed Gel Is Fun

Gave this one a shot. Not too tough, but not too easy either. :)

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Maybe a couple bugs, but pretty good overall. Old Aperture is a hard style to do, and this one works it pretty well.

Spoiler
was creative and fun to do.

There is no "N" in "Turret."

Thanks will t for playing, positive comments always help!

I'm not sure what you mean in your description, but I know what I did wrong

Spoiler

One of the bugs i have to fix.

tomorrow there'll be an updated version with:
that bug mentioned above fixed
autosaves
disabling the collisions of the lights
some arrows?

Nice map! What I didn't like were the lack of save points (which you will fix according to your post) and the laser killing me instantly, which was unexpected since in other maps and in the original game lasers don't kill (unless they're clearly meant to work as an impassable barrier). But other than that good visuals and nice puzzles.

Spoiler

More adventurous than brain teasing, passable Old Aperture style. Appreciate it or not, the mapper's invisible hand will keep pointing you the right way. Avoiding retaliation for that repeated big jump would be alone worthy of a beatification cause at the Vatican.

Some music and eye candy externals would help setting the mood.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

Updated!

Speed Gel Is Fun

-added autosaves
-fixed boxes getting stuck
-fixed having speedgel under the box dropper making the map impossible
-added the arrows
-fixed players flying backwards to their deaths near the end
-disabled collisions of the lights
-made the lasers nonlethal
-fixed the first door not being closed when the button was unpressed

The first section can be bypassed by

Spoiler

I e-mailed you a demo of me doing this.

Shmitz wrote:
bloop

oh noes D:!

Don't know if that's worth fixing right now, because I think it's something most players won't notice unless if they look for it after they completed it.

I'm gonna wait for more issues (if any) and get a final updated version before the deadline

Loved it :D
Challenging, but not too daunting,

Spoiler

Hate to sound nick picky, but only thing I noticed out of aesthetics was that the orange gel pipe was labelled with a white gel flow label - nothing major, but noticeable

Definite 5/5 :thumbup:

One of the best I've played for this contest, I feel like other levels are throwing everything but the kitchen sink at the player, but you've kept it relatively grounded whilst still keeping an element of complexity. One thing I would say is that you definitely need indicator lights, there's nothing worse than completing an action or pressing a button and having no idea what it was. Stumbled around for a few minutes not realising that buttons had dropped cubes a lot of the time. Other than that, a lot of fun!

Page 1 of 3Next