Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Vestibule

PreviousPage 2 of 2

Sorry Roger for insulting you. It's the second time this has ever happened and it's too bad you've been here the both times.

I have a long music background and I make my own music but I'm way too critical when it comes to my own music and I pretty much never release anything. I should maybe get over that but as for this video, my priority was to get it out as fast as possible. It was already like 2 am when I recorded it and if I were to start composing music for it would have taken all night.

As for my music choises. I try my hardest to pick music with no copyright. I stay far away from the mainstream stuff and try to pick artist that would be fine with me using their music. I really didn't think that a song made in the 1940's would be so highly guarded and instantly taken down. I could just use the audio I had when I recorded the run but I most of the time watch tv on the other screen and I think that soothing music is better than a 2 min clip from the middle of a random tv show.

I'm terribly sorry for ruining your day. I will try to make sure it won't happen again.

The video should work now.

That sure is a nice map you got there. It would be a shame if someone broke it.

My maps: Bits , Color Me Rainbow and Spank Me Skyward
josepezdj wrote:
I wouldn't elevate it to the same level of perfection as srs bsnss did :lol: ,

Well, you've been at this longer than me :P I haven't witnessed as much visual splendour in my time :lol:

ImageImage
LoneWolf2056 wrote:
Very visually stunning map, I used portal bumping as well, seemed like the only way in.

Hmmm.... well, technically not :D There is a legit way:

-GlRqB2f4H8

:thumbup:

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

@Shakky: Don't pay any attention to me, I'm just jealous because my playing skills aren't as good as yours. That fling-portal-cube grab combo in room one was pretty cool.

Back on topic: It looks like there are a couple of solutions for room one even without portal bumping as Shakky and josepezdj show.

For those curious, Josepezdj's video shows the intended solution, although Shakky's video shows the "correct" "way in." Anyways, the map has been updated, so portal bumping under the fizzler is no longer an option. I also fixed an autosaving bug that Bloodhound found, and you can no longer grab cubes through the grating.

Aaargh - no portal bumping Ok for breaking maps but usually not an intended solution. Excellent map Idolon - required a little thinking but not too hard to execute. I am impressed with maps which have more than one possible "intended" solution. Thanks for creating.

superb map!
5/5

as punishment; here's my playthrough video:
http://youtu.be/m2cJW6402xs
and a one way ticked to the spotlight category :)

Nice 5/5 map (surprisingly, the first part doesn involve jumping at all). Mandatory 1080p 60 fps 2 minute solution:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It8uUStBCuk

PreviousPage 2 of 2