Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] The Shard

PreviousPage 2 of 2
GHoST61 wrote:
But i think there is this bug going on with the workshop, every time someone rate my map i always get negative ratings.

I think your negative ratings reflect the fact that the puzzle is sometimes difficult to execute.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
is not only unintuitive, but also difficult for some people to execute. Also, grabbing the cube
Spoiler
is difficult and can lead to death, which turns everyone off. Jose made it look easy, but it took me a dozen tries. Lastly, hiding the laser emitter in the dark recesses of a black-walled room just seemed silly. The map was beautiful to look at, but I felt the puzzle was weak.

RogerL wrote:
GHoST61 wrote:
But i think there is this bug going on with the workshop, every time someone rate my map i always get negative ratings.

I think your negative ratings reflect the fact that the puzzle is sometimes difficult to execute.

Spoiler
is not only unintuitive, but also difficult for some people to execute. Also, grabbing the cube
Spoiler
is difficult and can lead to death, which turns everyone off. Jose made it look easy, but it took me a dozen tries. Lastly, hiding the laser emitter in the dark recesses of a black-walled room just seemed silly. The map was beautiful to look at, but I felt the puzzle was weak.

It was really easy for me and i didn't think about others, you are right. //lesson learned

But would you dislike it without even playing it ?
93 subs , 135 negatives and 21 likes.

Clearly chose the wrong game to make maps for.

I agree with josepezdj: this is an awesome map. You shouldn't let the ratings discourage you. A good underground music album won't be well-received by mainstream audience. Similarly the possible ninja/speedrunning moves put off majority of the normal, mainstream players.

In my opinion you shouldn't be bothered about that at all. The ones who like your map will really love it, who cares about the rest? :lol: So cheer up!

GHoST61 wrote:
But would you dislike it without even playing it ?
93 subs , 135 negatives and 21 likes.

I think the 93 subs indicate current subscribers. Some people will play your map, rate it, then unsubscribe, and they would no longer be included in the 93 subs. That is a lot of dislikes for the number of likes, but I agree with Xtreger, you can't let that get you down. Look at the bright side: you've got more total likes than I ever did with my map.

That was Total Unique and not current but thanks, glad that someone likes it.

Hey Debra, I think you should listen to Xtreger's words and cheer up! It's noticeable all effort and time that you have put to this special Mirror's Edge themed map, and the final product is totally awesome! :thumbup: You should feel proud and never discouraged.

At the same time, since I was one of the first players I subscribed and played, I remember visiting your workshop and noticing what you say, lol, I even thought you were some kind of hacker or cheater capable to manipulate the ratings! >.< It was totally unusual and I agree with you, to me that was too quick and too weird: in 5 minutes there were like 120-130 subscribers, about 110 or so favourited the map, but only too few positive ratings...

You shouldn't give much importance to what ppl rate on the workshop though, I'm tired of the downvotes just because they cannot solve the puzzles, and that is VERY common, so just take the favourite votes as your guide to be satisfied with your work, and dismiss the final total rate your map gets ;)

GHoST61 wrote:
... glad that someone likes it.

Cheer up! the map is totally impressive! :notworthy: MANY players liked it!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

The Shard texture pack download
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/214167017/ml2.rar

@josepezdj
Thank you for saying this but the puzzle is no good, i was more focused on the visuals so i forgot about the puzzle.
I will try to make something more traditional next time.

Is that normal? It looks pretty bad though. https://i.imgur.com/okDfKVc.jpg Elevator looks like this too. Maybe it's a common problem with a well known cure? Nvidia gt1030.
Upd: yeah, it was cubemaps, fixable with "buildcubemaps" in console.

PreviousPage 2 of 2