Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] The Shard

Page 1 of 2Next

Mirror's Edge stylish map.
Requirements:
Set Shader Detail > High or Very High.
Do not Noclip, this will break the map.

Make sure to interact with things, who knows what you might find.

Special thanks to:
Sathor for some awesome models.
[STUHL] for some more awesome models.
Nat for testing.

Click here to download The Shard

Hmmmm.... Did you forget to make the item public on your WS?

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]
josepezdj wrote:
Hmmmm.... Did you forget to make the item public on your WS?

I am so sorry, trying to fix a problem i'm getting.

Problem with my reflections, most of the models got this white reflection.

Couldn't get HDR 'mapsthe_shard_v1/c256_2416_-512.hdr' -- Trying non HDR 'mapsthe_shard_v1/c256_2416_-512'
Failed, using default cubemap 'engine/defaultcubemap'
Couldn't get HDR 'mapsthe_shard_v1/c1952_320_-448.hdr' -- Trying non HDR 'mapsthe_shard_v1/c1952_320_-448'
Failed, using default cubemap 'engine/defaultcubemap'
etcetc

Trying to fix this.

Fixed it!
Hope you like it :)

Very nice visuals, was fun to play! :D 5/5

TheTobbell wrote:
Very nice visuals, was fun to play! :D 5/5

Glad you liked it!

Visually striking.. Puzzle took a bit of thinking, then timing and cube shuffling. Linear so there was only one way to solve...Thanks for creating...

Woah man, I totally loved the style!! :thumbup: Possibly one of the most creative Portal2 maps! Awesome work! I love when ppl don't mind to risk and get a final product like this. There are minor imperfections though

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
, but I loved it a LOT. I even liked the overglowing of it all ;)

The music is very nice as well, and I think it fits absolutely perfect in the map! The mood you got overall is very good, calm and clean.

And maybe my favourite part is the outside skybox with all those high buildinga, like in Mirror's Edge. It's great!

I also liked much all the tiny details like the sprites, the dustmotes all over or the lighting sources. SO nice!

The mini game is a very nice addition and I had a lot of fun finding all the keys and figuring out how the secret doors worked! Thanks for that! :thumbup: because I thought the map was WAY to short for the good sensation I was having! :D

All in all, very good experience! Can't wait for more of this! :notworthy:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Thanks for creating!

Playthrough:

XyJmj-DftzU

Cheers!

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

That was the most beautiful map I've ever played. I'll admit, I'm an imbecile when it comes to puzzles, so that was very hard for me. If you make a part 2, you could have the police in morror's edge chase you and essentially be turrets I don't know if that's possible though, given you can't create entities and those would probably be NPC's. 5/5.

When life gives you lemons, make apple juice and have everyone wonder how you did it.
Musical website Moddb

Glad you enjoyed it!

But i think there is this bug going on with the workshop, every time someone rate my map i always get negative ratings.

Totan Unique subs: 69
current favs: 117

Negative ratings: 134
Positive ratings: 14

just makes no sense whatsoever, or people really love and hate my map.

I might just go with green light, i cannot put everything in .bsp , and 100mb limit is very limited.

Page 1 of 2Next