Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Soundlogic's New Testing Elements demo

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

@RogerL The catapult cube isn't supposed to do that, and I will try to fix it
@RogerL If you could tell me where the holocube despawned and respawned that would help me isolate the problem
@BlumCoLe Thank you for the video, and I will add a cube dropper for the cube.
@Rotab

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Also, cubemaps don't seem to work on my system, so if someone can figure out what is up, I will gladly fix that. The thread on that topic is here

Soundlogic wrote:
@RogerL If you could tell me where the holocube despawned and respawned that would help me isolate the problem

It only happened occasionally and it was not always repeatable when it did. It may have something to do with there being a wall between the holocube and its "mother".

Here is some video of what I mean:
** Video Deleted **

http://screensnapr.com/e/ODoidD.png

Tried installing twice. I just installed Weighted Wonderland as well; could that be conflicting?

@Bryan_reed Did you copy the models?
@RogerL as the one who coded it I can assure you that the location of the holo-emitter has nothing to do with it. It might have something to do with the cube being rotated though.

Soundlogic wrote:
It might have something to do with the cube being rotated though.

Nope, as you can see in my video, I didn't rotate the cube at all. Just picked it up, moved it to the button, and dropped it.

RogerL wrote:
Soundlogic wrote:

It only happened occasionally and it was not always repeatable when it did. It may have something to do with there being a wall between the holocube and its "mother".

Here is some video of what I mean:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DF5mEE7-brA

It happened to me periodically, and only when I left it on the button. I would leave it right on the button, and it would reappear later just off to the side. My guess is that when it reappears, it's somehow trying to spawn in the same space as the button, and since it can't it's getting kicked aside instead. Like something inside a portal being kicked back when one of the portals is moved.

The biggest trouble I had was with the hover cubes. Cubes can't be placed completely on the ground while being held, and while as low as they would go, it was very difficult to jump on it. Like it was just at Chell's height range. Could they be programs to drop down just a tad when locked? It would make it a lot easier to get on the first one to start climbing. Not getting a replacement cube when I accidenially fizzled or lost one forced me to restart a couple times. When the faith plate cube is lost in that hole it's gone for good. :(

Despite that, a very enjoyable play. Lots of new, intersesting ideas, and fairly easy to figure out what each is supposed to do.

@cerrita: I think you are right about the bug with the holocube. If anyone has any more information about how the env_entity_spawner decides where to place its spawn, that would be very helpful
@cerrita: What do you mean lost in the hole? How exactly did you lose it?
I think I have a working fix for the flying catapult cube, by which I mean I cannot replicate the bug. Not that I could replicate it reliably before hand...
@cerrita: I will try to work on a fix for the static cube placement. Which cubes did you fizzle and not get replaced? Was it just the catapult cube, because I am adding a dropper for that
Thank you,
Sound Logic

If you drop a bomb onto the catapult side of the catapult cube, it doesn't explode on the cube, but on whatever it hits after that. That could make for some interesting gameplay.

If you get the static cube into a tilted position, it doesn't always auto-rotate to level and then gets locked in that position when you let go. This can make it difficult to stay on top of the cube when you jump onto it.

Soundlogic wrote:
@cerrita: What do you mean lost in the hole? How exactly did you lose it?

The podium that raises up for the faith plate cube. I left it on the podium when it lowered, and it caught on the opening and fell further down below when it rose again.

Quote:
@cerrita: I will try to work on a fix for the static cube placement. Which cubes did you fizzle and not get replaced? Was it just the catapult cube, because I am adding a dropper for that.

I used the regular cube on the button by the light bridge, and I realized I left it there too long when the emancipation grid turned on. So I fizzled it, expecting a new one, but it didn't happen.

@RogerL: The throwing of bombs should happen since I am reusing the code from the actual faith plates, and those can toss bombs.
@RogerL: I am working on a fix for the static cube placement bugs
@cerrita: I have added a catapult cube dropper, which will be uploaded as soon as I have fixed a few more bugs
@cerrita: How did you manage to get up to the bomb control room without putting the regular cube in the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next