Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Sendificate part 4 -- 302

Page 1 of 2Next

Your sendification destination can be found >here<

This is the fourth map in the Sendificate series.
Like the first three, difficulty is medium/hard; no ninja-skills required.

It is strongly recommended to play the Sendificate maps in order, since the later maps depend on things learned in earlier ones.
The first map can be found here:
Sendificate

Image Image
Image Image

Licensed under Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported

You can download the source files for this map from my website.

Update 2015-07-10:

- fixed an incorrect setting on Wheatley which allowed the player to pick him up;
- enabled a shortcut after you get the yellow cube, so you don't need to go through the whole process again if you loose it;
- some minor adjustments.

Update 2015-07-12:

- Removed some portal-enabled surfaces that were confusing

- Added a small extra hint to the main puzzle

Update 2015-07-14:

- Exchanged the static platforms in the main room for moving panels, to allow players to retrieve misplaced cubes more easily. Thanks to Nobody No-one (on the Steam workshop) for that idea!

Credits::

Thanks to josepezdj for beta testing and some tips on improving the map.

Download

Sendificate series: Sendificate | A Beam Too Far | Airtime | 302
Other Portal 2 maps: Medusa Glare
Portal 1 maps: Try Anything Twice | Manic Mechanic

You finally finished it. I think it's been 2 years at least. Anyways, I liked this map since playtesting, so now I guess it's even better.

You finally finished it. I think it's been 2 years at least. Anyways, I liked this map since playtesting, so now I guess it's even better.

Thanks! Yes, I've been away from Portal for a while. I hope to release stuff sooner from now on :)

HMW wrote:
Thanks! Yes, I've been away from Portal for a while. I hope to release stuff sooner from now on :)

Good. When would you estimate sendificate 4 would be completed? I can't wait for answers to the mysteries in this one.

I'm aiming for somewhere this fall. I already have a basic idea for a puzzle. The main uncertainties are how well I can make use of the game's voice lines for some more story exposition and there are some special effects that may be hard to pull off.

The custom elements show their purposes clearly. I took one look at that not-gate gizmo and knew exactly what that thing was.

The attachment for standing up a cube on end is wonderful.

Finally solved the last puzzle. I sort of made it harder for myself by trying to

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
with only one other cube and a portal placement that got the laser close but not quite right.

I've only made a few Portal 2 maps, but I'd appreciate a comment or a blindrun recording.

Thanks for the compliments!

I'm curious: how did you manage to

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
?

If I put one laser cube in the corner, the laser goes to a surface I can portal under. The other portal goes where the bridge should.

The laser is just a bit too high; the cube catches the slight edge out from the wall and tumbles erratically.

...maybe that wall isn't destroyed enough.

I've only made a few Portal 2 maps, but I'd appreciate a comment or a blindrun recording.

Oh now I see; thanks for the explanation. You are right that it may be possible to have a cube fall exactly in the right place there, but then you still don't have enough cubes to reach the exit sensor.

(The latest version of the map has movable panels instead of those static ledges, so it's easier to experiment and find out what does and does not work.)

Page 1 of 2Next