Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] {REDACTED}

PreviousPage 2 of 2

I understand this is your first map and as far as first maps go it's not bad at all. It's optimized, loads quickly and has plenty of neat features to keep you guessing. But I'm going to be brutally honest with you for the good of this and future maps. The solution is ridiculous. I spent a little over 2 hours on this map and made no progress. I managed to reach the sparking door, angle the panel that falls from the ceiling right under the hole to see if I could do anything with that and I even portaled my way to the black emptiness under the map. It was obvious the solution had something to do with the hole in the ceiling thanks to the arrows but no amount of portal spam could find that wall unless I some how already knew how to solve it before hand. I came here to see if this map even has a solution and if it wasn't for that video walkthrough I would've assumed it doesn't.

However this map has the potential to be a fantastic test and I have an easy solution if you're willing. First off remove the angled walls in the hole. Next place one portal conductive wall at the very top of the hole facing straight down and place it high enough so it's only visible from directly below the hole(as in it can't be seen from the runway, staircase or any where else except the toxic water below the hole). Then just test it out. That one adjustment will make a world of difference.

I hope this helped. If you make adjustments to this map or make any new maps and need someone to test them I would be more than happy to be a part of it. :)

Potatoes on Guns:
[spoiler]It was barely funny in single player and even less funny when you do it. Knock it off.[/spoiler]

Simple puzzle obscured by useless elements and artwork. When 99% of the solution is sniping a nearly invisible portal surface, it ruins all the rest of the hard work in creating the map. People play games for fun, not to be frustrated by sophomoric tactics.
If this had even a shred of a real puzzle in it, it might have gotten a 3 for the environment. 2/5 from me, remove from playlist.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

This map either takes only a few minutes or ages due to the pretty unfair way you have to solve this map. I was one of the lucky ones, but still this map is just horrible leveldesign. Too bad, apart from the "puzzle" the map was great.

3p0SfuwoVo0
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p0SfuwoVo0)

PreviousPage 2 of 2