Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] {REDACTED}

Page 1 of 2Next

This is my first map for any game, could use some tips on how to make it better. Also does anyone know how to bring down the size of my screenshot so i can upload it? Thank You.

File Name: sp_redacted_v2.rar
File Size: 2.39 MiB
Click here to download {REDACTED}

great but it was very unclear how to place portal on top of plate

I've been trying to record a playthrough for a while now but Portal 2 keeps becoming unstable and crashing. Most recently it gave me an error about exceeding the maximum number of sound channels. I'm not sure if this is related to the map or not, but I've never seen these errors before.

In lieu of a playthrough I'll give my notes on the map so far. I found this chamber frustrating to play.

Notes

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

you can resize your image in ms-paint by opening your picture in it and clicking resiz

This sentence is false!

Thanks for how to resize the image blend master, and ill work on the frustrating aspects of the map now. Also you did the right thing by putting a portal above the runway to coat it with propulsion gel. Everything else is right through and ill get to work right away.

I can beat it in 5 portals...

Disordered looking chamber in Decay, the amount of structures and detail around give off a patchwork vibe: animated plants are to be commended however. Puzzles are broken too, partly to blame on the white gel involved but also in the fundamentals: chance is you will spend more time finding the way to the exit than solving the puzzle.

w0RgKTHkw1I

If I may suggest, smoothen the picture a bit with a more coherent skin (less yellows, neons... it's decay) and separate the different functions (funnel, each gel, walkway) in their own areas instead of the same big bowl. That would make it more interesting to navigate and explore as well.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

Nice decayed style map with medium challenge puzzle - hardest part was finding the fling surface where the arrows pointed. Swaying vines was a nice feature....gave some life and enhanced the decayed nature feel....Thanks for creating.

I noticed that the red light doesn't have a light source. Generally you should always provide a light source for your lights.

My Maps:
[spoiler][SP] Alternate[/spoiler]

Looks beautiful, I'd suggest to have player stream gels to reach exit.

Redacted

0zTlEbLQKwc

Page 1 of 2Next