Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Heavens Gate

PreviousPage 7 of 8Next

Now that I've solved it, if you wanted to be devilish about it, room 3 could use some work. As has been shown, room 3 is solvable just by guessing because

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. If you change the handedness of one of the pillars you can make random button mashing impossible yet still allow for solutions. Accommodating that would require that you remove one of the receivers for the first part of the room or by changing the function of the first part.

Just finished the map. Probably spent around 4 hours on the whole thing.

I've only done maybe 3-4 other player made maps, so I don't have much to compare it to. However, I really really enjoyed this one. I don't know if it was actually hard, or if it just seemed difficult compared to the easy puzzles the game serves up.

The only thing I really disliked was the way the second room's password was hidden.That was the only thing that I had to watch someone else's playthrough to get passed.

I definitely agree with a lot of the other people here saying that the third room was the weakest. I liked the idea, but there were just too many lasers for me to rap my head around. I basically just ran around pushing buttons until the lasers happened to end up close to what I was trying to do, and from there I would figure out a way to get them into the appropriate position.

I only just got portal 2 about a weeks ago, and I'm really looking forward to learning to create puzzles in Hammer. I really liked this map, and it gives me something to aspire to.

First of all ,this is an AMAZING map !!!
bu I have to say ,this is too much for me.You're an abosolutely genius ,man! You know how to torture a man's brain ! because this map drove me crazy ! It's been four days ,four BLOODY days !! In day one ,it took me one hour to figure out how to enter chamber 1,and then I stuck in there ...those funnels and cubes made me dizzy ,totally beat me up ,why dont I just kill myself...

Anyway, I just want to ask, is there a video or a walkthrough something ? Please ,I need to know.....

Thanks !

Hi
I have a problem
When i want to go to room number 1 the door won't open
Same issue for other rooms
any suggestion .... ????

tnx

Thanks for the feedback guys! Much appreciated.

@magickyd There are some solution videos on page 3 & 4. If you need any guidance you should check them out.

@virus2009 The doors wont open on their own. You've to enter a password via the platform in the center. Place the cubes on the squares that represent numbers. Pay attention to the enviroment and I'm sure you'll make progress.

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

I played version 1.2 (downloaded some time ago, but only now had time to play).

Spoiler
Did I miss something or this is some glitch which was fixed later ?

It should work :O
None else reported this error... but it's the ending anyways, the map will end at half of the funnel. So you don't miss anything. Thanks for reporting the error.

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

Chamber II is awesome!
I just downloaded this map and realized that chamber 1 is beyond my meager portal abilities, so I no-clipped it (yes, I'm a cheater, hehe)
The second chamber drew my attention and I decided to solve it no matter what. After about 2 hours of unsuccessful attempts I decided to skim through the comments to pick up a clue and after reading the words

Spoiler
(which were not blacked out by the way, but they were "spoilers" for me!) a sudden realization hit me! Because I vaguely remember about that age-old puzzle and
Spoiler
. And I immediately came up with the solution!
Terrific chamber, no fancy ninja jumping or precise timing or cube flinging (all of which I hate) required.

I think chamber 2 is one of the best test chambers I've ever played, well done!

Now onto chamber 3 (tomorrow).

So I got home from work and got to solving the last room with the lasers.
twenty minutes into the puzzle got really frustrated and decided to write a program that would solve this for me, hehe. (it took my computer a split second to solve it)
I came up with

Spoiler
moves in the first part (to get the cube) and with
Spoiler
additional moves in the second part (to disable the laser grid).
If anybody can do it faster than that, I'd like to hear it, hehe. I'm a real cheater, hehe. I guess you can up the ante by installing five or more pillars with lasers.
Anyway, I would have never thunk it, that I would write a program to solve a portal puzzle. Wow.
Also I really enjoyed solving these side puzzles with numbers, I don't know why for some they were a major stumbling block. For me they presented no problem. On the contrary it was the first puzzle with excursion funnels that really got me stumped. And the third one was just too much to crack too, without help from my computer.

Thanks man! Nice to see that someone is still playing my old stuff :)
I'm glad you enjoyed it and thanks again for the detailed feedback!

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
PreviousPage 7 of 8Next