Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Heavens Gate

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next

first of all thank u guys for feedback.
ive changed all known bugs so far and im umploading version 1.1 soon.
it should remove the portalgun and fix the graphic bug in room 2.

Btw:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Spoiler

for those you found this too easy: as i said the difficulty is medium to hard and this depens on how familiar ure with portal2. i had a 4th room almost done but i decided to not put it into this map because it was too hard. i pay alot of attention to the map as a whole theme and room 4 would have totally messed it up. so i will release it soon as a single map.

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

World portals and anything dynamic, like funnels and lasers, don't play well together. That's been shown in several recent custom maps. Any map that tries to combine them needs to be ruthlessly tested. Your headache should not be my headache.

@rogerL
i know this had me stuggle in the beginning... so i decided to make room1 without a portalgun because if there are more than 4 visible portals the enginge collapses. somehow i never started with a portalgun even if i rename the bsp to sp_test... i tested this one alot and everything seems to work fine... just that damn thing with the portalgun. i feel really sorry for that :(

the problem that gave me headache was creating this kinda labyrinth because i wasnt able to fly around in hammer because the worldportals are not connected. theres just a small line between them. then inserting a puzzle into this labyrinth with all the lasers and fizzlers turning on and off was really a pain. i had to compile a lot and test everything. BUT worldportals are rarely seen in custommaps so i decided to hold on to my idea. maybe this is the point why most mappers dont use them because they are too confusing and unhandily to use in hammer itself. but i think they open great possibilities for new puzzles. maybe u try v1.1 again. thx for feedback

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

The puzzles are really good. I just think your map could have been tested more before it was released. Tested by someone other than yourself. I will download and play v 1.1.

Fantastic! All in all probably about 2hrs to solve the entire map. Room 3 with the rotating laser columns was clever. ending was a nice touch considering it didn't start with an elevator.

great mapping! I did notice a few other things along the same lines as the disappearing glass wall... the numbers for room 2 seem to clip out at certain distances and angles. Example: when I'm on the dance floor, I can only see the full number by standing on square 1. if I get closer and turn a bit, part of the number disappears as I rotate.

Fun to play, nice use of different elements, and didn't have me :notwant: too much.. lol 5/5

@szieve
thanks man...happy that u liked playing it.
Have u played v1.1 or v1.0? is the glasswall still disappearing in v1.1?

i tested alittle bit more with the numbers and i see ur point there. im currently fixing it and upload v1.2 soon. thanks for feedback.

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-

great map actually I played v1.1 and had a little struggle to see the pass on the wall for room 2 and saw it finally, but I stuck in the third room pass

Spoiler

any way there is a solution and I AM thinking so I think I will solve it

oh! there is something else:

Spoiler

Any way, Excellent test I will give it 6/5!!!!

Figured it out I was using an extra cube !!! it was useless in it's position !!!!

Done !!! finished the map and I hope that the ending

Spoiler
to be like the start but of course it wont affect the game play

Spoiler

Again 6/5

!!!

@abdoo2
thanks for your feedback..
i changed the pass for room2 in v1.2... now its even harder to see it...maybe i should give a little hint how to get the numbers...

well its seem that your password for room3 isnt correct. u should try little bit more and u will find the solution ;)

wow i never thought of throwing the cube in room2 and this is NOT the intended way... that kills the whole puzzle :(
i guess i have to change this in the next version. thanks man

My Maps-1-2-3-4-5-

My PTI Tests-1-2-3-
marKiu wrote:
@abdoo2
thanks for your feedback..
i changed the pass for room2 in v1.2... now its even harder to see it...maybe i should give a little hint how to get the numbers...

well its seem that your password for room3 isnt correct. u should try little bit more and u will find the solution ;)

wow i never thought of throwing the cube in room2 and this is NOT the intended way... that kills the whole puzzle :(
i guess i have to change this in the next version. thanks man

I actually didn't find another way to pass the 2nd room !!!

Spoiler

thanks for the map
Again I will give this map 6/5

!!!

Too many versions and the comments on old versions don't help. I got to the funnel room(s) and keep going around in circles - will wait for a walkthrough I guess.

PreviousPage 3 of 8Next