Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Compact Compression

PreviousPage 3 of 3

Well done, some creative uses of crushers and double lasers.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
. At the start I got two lasers one time and 3 the next - not sure about the purpose of the far hallway faith plate it can be bypassed. Nice map thanks for creating...

Nice map, but not completely in the intended way:

Spoiler

The numbers-and-crushers part was the best one imho. Totally easy, but there should be more puzzles like that.

Marise wrote:
Nice map. I solved the last puzzle by
Spoiler
Not sure if that was intended :)

So did I.

arvisrend wrote:
Nice map, but not completely in the intended way:
Spoiler

Huh? That is still there? I thought I updated the version to eliminate that.
I need to add in some portal placements anyway to help with the

Spoiler
anyway though.

As far as being stuck with the light bridge, I generally try avoiding getting stuck as much as possible, but here there's not much I can do about that.

Edit: Next version up, added some portal helpers to help, along with fixing a few errors. (that invisible portal fizzler still eluded me through multiple editor runs though)

Oh sorry, it seems I was playing with v1.0.

Its a great puzzle but i had lot of trouble finding where to go

Spoiler

My stupiddity

I'm playing custom maps and record my first time of playing them. So the run is not perfect and may not use only intended ways, but maybe it can let you see how other people may understand the map or you could just enjoy someone playing this map for entertainment.
Anyways, here is the recording:

3WAkYEFnltc
(Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WAkYEFnltc)

Also note the video description for more feedback and my signature for additional project information.

Wow, what a welcome change from the same-old same-old! The faithplate off to the side of the first chamber had me looking for a way to use it to fling up the shaft. It kept me looking in the wrong place for too long, though. Once I got past the first room, things got much better.

The ball clamp was such a neat twist, I didn't mind the touchiness. There was a physics clip in the laser room that I assume was to keep a cube from getting crushed, but it drove me nuts trying to put the cubes on the platform until I figured out what it was. A simple glass box would have done the job. The crusher maze was another nice twist.

On the basis of looks and puzzle strength, I would have given this a 4. But creativity and innovation needs to be rewarded. 5/5.

Expand for my full signature
[spoiler]My YouTube Channel: Please subscribe!
My Steam Workshop Check out my collections for some good maps
Basic Mod for playing .vpk files Needs to be updated for dlc2, but still works[/spoiler]

Today's randomly suggested map, 4/5 because

Spoiler
seems unused and
Spoiler
doesn't seem appropriate at all. Otherwise good medium length easy difficulty map.

PreviousPage 3 of 3