Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[SP] Compact Compression

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

Great map, lots of clever ideas, thanks! Glad I peeked at the spoilers first to tell me to

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
Spoiler
took many tries but I had fun.

I just watched the previous poster's video, and it seems I missed out on some of the fun.

Spoiler

Nice map.:) A bit of a challenge getting

Spoiler
After solving, I looked at the posted video.. Simply didn't occur to me to
Spoiler

I liked the map - it was fine - had a unique style - The crusher puzzle could have been a little harder - but all-in-all - great work!

I dont get what the point of the light bridged path the faith plate was. And it seemed the player was supposed to do multiple upward flings to climb to the upper part of the chamber, however you can see a little bit of portalable surface up there to just skip all that.

Why does the first cube slide around as if its orange-gelled?

Update posted, fixes most of aforementioned issues.

gurcrist wrote:
I had problems with my save.
Spoiler

I am not sure how this is possible unfortunately, the only auto save in this room at the entrance.

I'm also not sure why the fist cube behaves as if covered in orange gel, it could be a glitch with being suspended in midair.
Btw for anyone interested:

Spoiler

Good map. Very creative

Spoiler

As many said, in the beginning it's difficult until you

Spoiler

Anyway, the map is very creative and puzzles are good.

Thanks for mapping

ImageImageImageImageImageuseful tools and stuff here on TWP :thumbup:
[spoiler]ImageImageImageImageImage[/spoiler]

Nice map. I solved the last puzzle by

Spoiler
Not sure if that was intended :)

Winner of the Nobel Prize for Being Immune to Neurotoxin

Thanks for over 1,000 downloads: The Cold Shoulder

Lenghty map in Clean, distinctively immediate and fresh thanks to a couple inventions - the frequently lamented sniping doesn't bog it down that much. Might even be avoided if you turn the trapped cube sideways. Graphically, I can only praise the variety of the wall patterns: pity they couldn't stand out due to the general brightness, especially the crushers area. Much better than your previous!

You might want to check these glitches. Product's fine as it is, but you may want to add: 1) clearer indications of where the exit is in the first chamber; 2) portal placers at the 6 lasers thing; 3) check the wall textures in the crushers room; 4) there's an invisible fizzler for portals only at the cubeplates, seemed like a leftover; possibly a couple turrets to spice it up.

the hills are alive... with the sound of music

Ah, one of those is the dreadful vertex textures...I must have missed this one while hunting all the ones I had inadvertently placed.

Any tips on the lighting? I tried to modify Valve'z 128 panel to use a 250 bright light, which is closer to the low light settings of others, but it's still too bright?
Where any areas better in lighting than others?

I've considered placing helps for the 6 lasers, but wouldn't they end up interfering with each other and etc? Where is this invisible fizzler? The only thing I put near the cubeplates was a set of invisible barriers to prevent player from going to the base of the shaft, which would be a pointless place to go anyway.

That invisible fizzler is above, at the place with the 2 cubeplates: you funnel yourself up there, get a real fizzler upfront and an entry passage to the left. There's the invisible fizzler which eats portals.

I saw it too bright and washed out but I'm not sure it's actually the lightning impacting that. Let's say the final effect is best at the first room, worst at the crushers. You really did a good job with the different tiles and it would be a pity not to show it: give a look at a map with high contrast looks, see if you like the style: [sp] YinYang_theLAGmaster

the hills are alive... with the sound of music
PreviousPage 2 of 3Next