Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Some new maps from a newbie

Hey guys, complete newbie here. I was hoping to get some feedback on some Portal 2 maps I've made, entirely with the PeTI editor.

Here's my workshop:
http://steamcommunity.com/id/lavalamp37 ... tion=items

There are 4 in there at the time of posting, and of those Spelunking is the newest and probably the hardest.

Hypercube is a fairly big map, but unfortunately I hit the item limit part way through making it, so it starts off strong but then tails off towards the end. Still a good map though I think.

Tricksy was the first one I made and I'm fairly pleased with how that one came out.

Logic was merely a showcase/experiment. As the description for Logic says there was meant to be another room that unfortunately made it run much too slowly.

Part of the third room would have been a 4 bit counter made from a clock signal generator and 4 T flip flops which in total required approximately 50 components (LASERs, relays and catchers), and many more connections. If anyone is interested I can provide a screenshot of this created in the game and explain how I made the various gates. Fun fact: the most efficient shape for 4 T flip flops in Portal 2 appears to be a swastica.

Anyway, this post has gone on for a while, so I'll wrap it up. I would appreciate any and all feedback on my maps, positive and negative. I seem to find this mapping lark interesting so anything that would help me to make better maps in future would be useful.

Wrong place.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.