Please or Register to create posts and topics.

So... Who would be interested in a "new" Blue Portals?

PreviousPage 7 of 7

Replaced the cubemap reflections to the 'speculator' reflections like how my Beta metal textures are. I also did it with the tile floor and I gotta say, it actually looks like the cheep glued tile floors that you use in homes, so I'm kinda happy about that since that's how I originally intended on them being. :)

With most things in place, Since now it's Portal 2, the chambers are going back to the "One chamber per map" formula. This means I can make the maps not in order of the mod, which is easier for me to focus more on the actual puzzles. I also have to make non-portal level transitions due to the whole vscript transition functions.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.

You should still be able to make level transitions with the portals. Just build the rooms using prop_portals, then have it load when entering the second room. Perhaps have a trigger_catapult at the spawn point to chuck you forward slightly, so it looks like you continued jumping through the portal.

Maybe do something like sp_a4_finale4 with the fakeportalring_blue/orange models to create fake portals, so they don't do the opening animation at all or create other issues related to spawning inside a portal.

My stuff:
[spoiler]- BEE2 Addons | (BEE2)
- Hammer Addons
Maps:
- Crushed Gel
- Gel is Not Always Helpful[/spoiler]

Yeah, I dunno what I was thinking when I wrote that. I'll just have a fade out, run transition script, then spawn the player in a new chamber lock, and open the portal connecting the two. Thanks.

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The reason you didn't finish BP2 is because you didn't manage to do this before besides how big the mod was?

I was less knowledgeable about the Portal 2's engine branch and the Source Engine in general. Plus Colossal also make a bunch of textures that looking back was kind of unnecessary.

Yeah, I'm taking a short break from this as I'm doing some improvements and tweaks to Vectronic. But still feel free to ask any questions. I'll post more when I'm in that vibe again.

Btw will it include stuff from extended play? E.G Echo Device?

In the Portal 2 engine, probably not. Camben can't make a gravity gun that works properly, so I don't think.

yishbarr wrote:
In the Portal 2 engine, probably not. Camben can't make a gravity gun that works properly, so I don't think.

well actually I can, there's just a few issues to be ironed out. Still you're right, it's not worth using in a mod 😛

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!
PreviousPage 7 of 7