Please or Register to create posts and topics.

So... Who would be interested in a "new" Blue Portals?

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next
josepezdj wrote:
About the the old SDK, well, it's true that not all players have got Portal, but ey, I can't think of a better reason to spend EUR7,00, damn! I would buy Portal each and every single day of my life :P Sincerely, mods like Portal Pro, Factum Solus, Rexaura, Portal Prelude or Blue Portals, or jewels like Try Anything Twice or Manic Mechanic are, not only a good reason to buy Portal, but an extension of Portal that could make it endless! not to mention the 2000+ custom maps there are out there....

That's why it really sucks that the 7hour download on portal prelude and BP and stuff that my computer seems to cancel after about 3 hours doesn't allow me to play any portal 1 moddb mod. :notwant:

Rexaura works cause it's on twp

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!

Yes, please. I've never played Blue Portals- I can't ever seem to open the mod without it crashing. I believe that's a problem with the Steampipe update. I'd love to play an updated version of the mod.

Who wouldn't like some more cool tests? I really enjoyed blue portals, I wold be happy to play more.

Seriously, who voted woth a "No" ?

Awesome! Voted yes, of course. I like the idea of releasing your development status to make hype, can't wait! :)

Sorry for the two days of no updates but here is the same room as before taken at a different angle.

Going more for a dark warm then the bright warm of the original. What do you think?

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

The more you give, the less appreciated it will be received.
reepblue wrote:
Sorry for the two days of no updates but here is the same room as before taken at a different angle.

Going more for a dark warm then the bright warm of the original. What do you think?

I think you should do that with some of the maps in the original lighting method too since I like both of them, and variety is always good.

reepblue wrote:

[-sneep-]

Looks nice, it complements the textures well.
Speaking of textures, those look rough as compared to BP 1, which is always nice.

Just a quick update. I went to edit a few particles for the magnets and then when I went to save them, the game crashed. Looks like Valve did not update the game since last summer. I'm gonna tell Jeep about this, but things like this makes me wanna whip out my Plan B for this project.

EDIT: Talked to Jeep and he had no idea.

Quote:
10:09 PM - Reepblue: Hey Jeep, I'm sorry to bother you while in game, but I have a question/concern about the original Portal. Why is it that when you guys ship out the latest 2013 branch build, Portal gets no love. It still has the broken/outdated shaders in hammer, and the in-game tools still don't work simular to how it was with all games when the 2013 branch came out of beta.

10:10 PM - PersonGuy: Sorry, I don't know much about the maintenance updates we ship on older games. My guess would be a difference between multiplayer and singleplayer. I've heard the a DX upgrade coming for a bunch of games and Portal is probably on that list.

Still does not make sense being that HL2, the episodes share the same branch as one another. :/

:A Little Higher: :Tornate: :Blue Portals: :Vectronic: :Youtube: :Twitter: : ModDB: :Old Sig:

I always just use hl2 lost coast to edit particles in cause it's so useless anyways, and I can't save particles made in portal 1 either.

My YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Camben24
Aperture Science: We do our science asbestos we can!
CamBen wrote:
I always just use hl2 lost coast to edit particles in cause it's so useless anyways, and I can't save particles made in portal 1 either.

I'll just use my Portal setup I've made with the SDK base. I have thoughts of uninstalling the retail game and keep my up-to-date mod version.

PreviousPage 2 of 7Next