Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Small Update Regarding Uploading PTI Maps

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next

How much editing in Hammer would constitute posting in the normal DLDB? For instance, if I made a map in the map editor but made the indicator strips less weird, would that constitute uploading it in the normal DLDB?

Released Maps
[spoiler]WOM Test 1
Laser Cube Quest
Mho' Power - Community Spotlight!
Four Corners[/spoiler]
wrathofmobius wrote:
How much editing in Hammer would constitute posting in the normal DLDB? For instance, if I made a map in the map editor but made the indicator strips less weird, would that constitute uploading it in the normal DLDB?

Use your own judgement on this really. In this case I, personally, would still consider it a puzzle creator map even if you did minor editing in Hammer.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I have an idea, I don't know if you can do it, I don't have a lot of experience with sites... on the sidebar have a "Recent Uploads (Hammer)" and a "Recent Uploads (PTI)"? Just a thought, I don't care that much, but I definitely don't want the uploads to be flooded, like they already are

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

I only made the change like an hour ago, so of course everyone is going apeshit and adding the PTI maps they haven't published yet. Let's give it more than 2 hours before we decide to break things into new categories, yeah?

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Sorry, IF it continues to not work out. I never said it had to be changed now. It was just a suggestion.

My Hammer Maps
[Released] Power Interference
[Released] Rust and Dust (Spotlight Map!)
[Released] Multiportal

Right, but as I keep saying, IF it does turn into a problem then we'll do something about it.

Something I decided to do and thought would be worthwhile suggesting here for everyone is putting a link back to the TWP forum for your map in the description on the workshop. It'll save people having to go back and look for it after finishing a map, especially if they're like me and subscribe to a bunch of maps at once to play through at a later time.

---------------------------
My maps: Double Bill / Jam / Oval Window / Gymnasium / Gymnasium Part 2 / Minimalism (collection) / Resolution
All feedback welcome!
---------------------------

You're right. Good idea to not get lost - and to maybe attract some more people to this awesome place if the map was good.

Definitely :1up: anyone who links to TWP from their Workshop page!

File Size: not "availible".

Please fix this.

PreviousPage 2 of 3Next