Please or Register to create posts and topics.

reversed gravity?

Page 1 of 2Next

Is there a way to reverse gravity so Chell flips over? So she can stand on the roof? I used the Trigger_gravity and it just makes her fly streight up. with her head bumping along on the ceiling. I just started all this mapping stuff. Havent even been able to make a ring move up an down when I push a button. :?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Sadly no, you can't change where the gravity is centered at. One of the few engines that could do this was the Serious Sam engine.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

Just rotate the whole room...

http://www.dpgames.co.uk/

Sanity is not statistical.

yeah, just rotate the entire room, oh and actually the best game to be able to alter gravity is Prey. You can shoot certain sensors and flip the gravity in the room, its pretty slick.

You sure you can't flip it? I know that I've played at least one map where the gravity was at the very least altered at a certain point, if not reversed on the ceiling of one room.

You can make it so that everything moves up towards the ceiling, but you won't be able to walk around on it. Remember the part in HL1 where you turn on that giant fan and you get blown to the top of the room? Yeah, that was upside-down gravity in work, and it does the exact same thing in Source.

Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

thats just a func_push

No, it was a trigger_gravity. Either way though, you can't walk on the ceiling using any entity.

how about a trigger_gravity or func_push or whatever to levetate the player, while simultaneously rotating the room, it would look like gravity is moving from the local floor to the ceiling. You could try to do this really fast, so that it seems like you fall to the ceiling, when in fact you were pushed up and the room rotated really fast. you don't have to push the character up much, only a few units, depending on how fast the room rotates.

[insert visually obtrusive graphic or witty comment here]

how would you rotate the player, they would see the room rotate around them and the thing about moving something that large with this engine is that in custom maps at least it tends to shake and is rather noticeable

Page 1 of 2Next