Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Resurrection v1.1

PreviousPage 4 of 4

Thanks. I finished the map without watchingreading any walkthroughs. I estimate to took me a couple hours total to solve the puzzle. It takes a while to analyze the map to get a sense of what needs to be done and in what order. Clearly not a map that can be solve using ad-hoc methods of solving puzzles.

One thing that is cool about Mevious's map design is at any point you can try something different without the concern of getting stuck and being forced to reload from a save and repeat completed sections to get back to where you were. In Resurrection, I was always able to try something different without relying on saved games thus I ultimately figured out what combinations needed to happen to reach the exit elevator.

Note:

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Here is how I completed the chambertIToJIKG5sA

You would all laugh at me if you knew how I tried to solve the map at first.

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Thanks for the entertainment man. That was a good map; although a little hard. Keep up the good work.

Best map I ever played. INCREDIBLE.
And the solution was so ingenious - it must have been a huge effort.
So detailed and intricate.

I really though I had to use the hidden area to shoot a portal into the room with the rocks but realize that is not needed.

This review is for the Portal 2 version of Resurrection, sorry if there is another topic for that one.

The look and feel is very well done. I like the hole in the ceiling with the trees.

I found a potential cheat, not sure because I only almost got it once. If you put a light bridge under the sphere platform, and put a cube on the light bridge, if you jump *just right you can grab the sphere... I think. I was only able to grab it once, but it slipped back onto the platform =). Not a big deal, definitely trickier than the intended solution =). I guess I can understand why the sphere is there initially, so people know that it is a sphere dropper.

Good job overall on your maps in general. Your maps are some of my favorites. I haven't even scratched the surface of Hammer customizations yet, but I would be happy if I could make a puzzle's problem solving on par with a Mevious puzzle. Still working on my first one... =)

PreviousPage 4 of 4