Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[Release] Tasty Treats: Chamber 01

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next

amazing map. very well made. neat-new look. like the incorpration of lazers (one tiny map i was working on had some lazer effects)

only real gripe is the fizzlers thing. you can put more than above/below each other to close the gap :-/

and the

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
though it was fun i guess. but after accidently falling (near the top) twice i was pissed. but i continued basically i was playing just goofing off instead of really trying. so its my fault. not yours. its still cool

and the

Spoiler

all in all. great map.

To The Mods: Just curious if ya'll missed this one? its still in the maps/mapping section

do NOT click this

Awesome map, great job with that. It was fairly long and really classy and stylish : the new stuff you designed (like the thingie in the first room) really fits in the portal universe. Also the puzzles were quite nice.
Anyway, about the

Spoiler

Just my 2 cents. Cant wait for your next map.

Just got done playing this one and it was a lot of fun. I thought the environment was very cool, a nice balance between Portal and the HL. These games are related after all people. You have to think ahead as well as react, which is great. Overall great map!

The only part I wasn't too crazy about was the jumping section but I always dislike those so don't take it personally. The fizzlers comments made previously apply to me as well but that's an easy fix. Also the portal bumpers, that's a pet peeve of mine. It takes a little experimenting to find out when to use a bumper and when to use a non portal volume but you'll get the hang of it.

I did run into one problem in boss battle. I shot a portal behind a metal box that was flush to the wall and when I walked through it I was actually inside the box. That's the first time I've seen that in any map I've played. Simple fix again, just move the box a few unit away from the wall and it shouldn't happen. Screenshot on the left shows me half in the box, the one on the left shows which box it was. I went back in game to take these so it's not exactly what I experienced the first tiem but you get the idea.

Image Image

I gave up. I watched the video, and I just never seen combine balls in the map, only the combine ball spawner.

Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).
Hurricaaane wrote:
I gave up. I watched the video, and I just never seen combine balls in the map, only the combine ball spawner.

HUH? COnfused... is anyone else having this problem? Just curious; if so I may have to look into it asap. Maybe you noclip ahead and jumped a trigger or something is best as I can figure for now-- Let me know soon---

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." -Albert Einstein
ecco wrote:
HUH? COnfused... is anyone else having this problem? Just curious; if so I may have to look into it asap. Maybe you noclip ahead and jumped a trigger or something is best as I can figure for now-- Let me know soon---

Forget about it. I think i was completely blind or I played without a headset.

Made Logic Portals in early 2008. Making diportals in 2011.
Author of Minecraft mods (MAtmos, Minaptics, NoteSlider) and Garry's Mod addons (Gunstrumental, SharpeYe, GarryWare, DepthHUD).

hehe; oh okay-- I was wondering what was up...

"Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions." -Albert Einstein

I played it today. It has its unique style and I liked the BTS area. The fizzler things apply to me too :)

Spoiler

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

nice.. im looking forward playing it =)

A great map, but I had problems with the turret at the end, too. If I hadn't known that in the normal Portal turrets can't shoot themselves then that would have been my first option, but I tried shooting the servers, the glass, the circular bit at the top, and even tried standing on blocks to get a clear vertical shot into the laser things attached to the ceiling ^_^

Good work, though.

PreviousPage 2 of 5Next