Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] rmaze1 2 Part Maze

PreviousPage 2 of 2

if this release is like the orriginal (for the contest) i don't think i'll redownload it/replay it.. but i will give your dl section a 10 vote. cuz although i didn't like the gameplay (i hate hedge mazes) the map was amazingly made and looked great (did you fix the HOM errors?) and look forward to your new maps ;)

do NOT click this

Yeah, I found a total of four. When I recompiled a new version for Hober's map pack I took the liberty of fixing them, so if you download that version it should no longer have those HOM errors. I also found some overlapping brushes near the door to the portal gun chamber, but those will have to wait until the challenges release.

I just uploaded the final version of the 2-part random maze:

http://forums.thinking.withportals.com/dload.php?action=file&file_id=227

Changes include:

-Tweaked the architecture so that dead ends are easier to spot from within the portal maze.

-Added distinct observation window lighting to some of the outer walls and repositioned some of the number overlays to make orienting easier.

-Added Challenges.

-Removed the auto-restart feature.

I also tried packing everything in a .bmz with proper .bns and .tga files. I just downloaded it and it seems to work okay so far.

Have a good Memorial Day Weekend, everyone.

just played it, and I must admit I liked it... maybe an easier maze was generated, because I got it finished by a few minutes.
btw, I like the idea of random picking of music :wink:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.

he updated it to make it easier (well not make it easier, but a little more understandable?). the contest version wasn't so easy

do NOT click this
PreviousPage 2 of 2