Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] PuzzleOne

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next

Sigh, found another broken texture.
[img]http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa55/ultradude25/puzzleoneadvanced0000.jpg[/img]

Will make a new walkthough once my recorder stops being an ass.

This was a fail. I'm making a note here, huge facepalm. It's hard to overstate my disappointment.

Yeah....ummm, something went wrong. I was playing the map and when i pressed the button and grabbed the cube RIGHT as it was coming out, the hatch stayed open a little longer than normal (maybe cause the cube was in the way?). And for some reason, FIVE more came out! I don't know why this happened.
I just made it into a pyramid for the picture. :P
[img]http://xs130.xs.to/xs130/08336/puzzleonewentwrong319.jpg.xs.jpg[/img]

Oh that's kinda funny. It's due to that I make it close when cube stop touching the trigger (OnEndTouchAll). It maybe take some time for next update and next puzzle, because summer holiday ended :(. But , I have planned some parts of my next puzzle to paper. Say what elements you want to it have. boxes&buttons, energy pellets, flinging or something else?

Something simple yet enjoyable, something like this map 8) But please don't make impossible flings and things you have to try over and over to frustrate the player.
Fingers crossed :wink:

Test Chamber 74:
(percentage calculation sphere self-test failed!)
108.1% done, -8.1% remaining...
Released here!

All maps for Portal (1/2) worth playing are mirrored here.
penapappa wrote:
But , I have planned some parts of my next puzzle to paper. Say what elements you want to it have. boxes&buttons, energy pellets, flinging or something else?

Mind including those new cubes and buttons that were recently released? I'm hoping to see a test chamber that uses those soon.

Lol failed surface rendering. And the camera can't be shot off. Does the Source engine see render-failed surfaces as portal-proof? :D
Anyway, nice map despite being short. I'd say it's about as challenging as the original Testchamber 17, except no incinerator. You should make more maps in this series, it's pretty cool.
And "Aperture Science Dark Storage Cube" FTW!

EDIT: After playing this map, all storage cubes throughout the game (even in other maps!) have the dark storage cube skin? How do I fix this? Do I have to change the box skin via the console or something? Help plx.

The Vital Apparatus Vent will deliver a Weighted Companion Cake in Three. Two. One.
*fifty cakes fall out*
Time out for a second. That wasn't supposed to happen.

Why would you want to change the skin?

But if you insist, look for the file in the materials folder (portal/portal/materials) and delete it.

I don't lag, I own so much it takes a few seconds for the server to figure out what the hell I just did.

portal/portal/materials/models/props/metal_box.vtf <--- DELETE

Yeah the black storage cubes are really annoying if you ask me. You might want to use PakRat when putting custom materials in your map, that way they are only used in your map and not the rest of the game.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.

I tried that but it didn't work. I'm pro with packing. 8)

PreviousPage 6 of 7Next