Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE]Portal: The Flash Version mappack

PreviousPage 16 of 17Next
PortalFan77 wrote:
You need CSS for the Truck. :D

The tipoff is the fact that the path for the missing files includes "de_nuke", a CS:S map.

"Games are made out of smaller games ? turtles all the way down, until you hit the game that is so trivial and stupid it isn?t deserving of the name." --Raph Koster
Hober wrote:
The tipoff is the fact that the path for the missing files includes "de_nuke", a CS:S map.

Well get a friend with CSS and ask him for the model, or buy CSS for $10. :D

The model comes with the pack, make sure you installed it correctly like in the readme file.

It works now. No more red errors. I had the model folder in the wrong place.
:wink:

:wink:

I played the flash version for hours before i got the real game. me and my friends were going to make the java version

Rift Industries wrote:
I played the flash version for hours before i got the real game. me and my friends were going to make the java version

Thats what this is based off of, a Flash Version.

The Portal: The Flash Version Map-Pack was, indeed excellent, but with it's share of problems. The levels were great re-creations of the original and was well worth my time. There were some problems that annoyed me a lot, though. You didn't actually re-create it level from level; you left some out and added some random tests in their place. At some point, the levels became mazes and frustrating if anything else. They weren't fun at all. If you had a way of seeing where you were and where you were going it wouldn't have been a problem. Things such as the panels not allowing Portal placements until they had moved, didn't bother me though: I was happy that you were able to give the pistons the same functions as the ones in the flash version. Too bad that you couldn't make the turrets revivable though... that would have been fun.

I don't understand why you say you need Half-Life 2 in order to play it, I don't own it and the only problem I had was (this might have just been some glitch)

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.
I could even see that
Spoiler

The boss battle was great though, and really suspenseful. Running away from Mecha-GLaDOS proved to be very annoying though, as I had no idea if I was supposed to go that way or this way.

Good so far, but I don't have HL2 and I don't want to get it just for this pack, so could you pack the materials into the pack? Anyways, great job!
EDIT: I had the same problem as Caden, making it impossible to finish the map without noclipping to the

Spoiler
room.

If you have Portal or the Source SDK you have the necessary materials, you can use the contentporter to find them.

Falsi sumus crusto!
FelixGriffin wrote:
If you have Portal or the Source SDK you have the necessary materials, you can use the contentporter to find them.

Ah, I only have the Portal 2 Authoring Tools, not Source SDK.

PreviousPage 16 of 17Next