Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] Portal Prefab pack

PreviousPage 2 of 2
Mapster wrote:
I put 1 of each in and it crashed the game.

Does this happen for other people? please check.
report back if it does crash and even if it doesn't, so we can find out why it works for me and not others and try to fix it

thanks, sorry for any inconvenience

hmm, i tried adding in 1 catcher then compiling... didn't crash... added in 1 launcher (by itself) then compiled.... didn't crash.
Added a catcher and a launcher together and compiled... didn't crash

So i don't know what i did before... make they arn't meant to sit in the wall yes?

One of their origins might have been in the wall and/or null and that killed it.

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
Mapster wrote:
hmm, i tried adding in 1 catcher then compiling... didn't crash... added in 1 launcher (by itself) then compiled.... didn't crash.
Added a catcher and a launcher together and compiled... didn't crash

So i don't know what i did before... make they arn't meant to sit in the wall yes?

the launcher can go flush with the wall as it has a flat side, the catcher has to have a hole dug into the wall for the back part, if you sunk this into the wall without making a hole for it it may have crashed, don't know why though... leak perhaps?

How do you select the prefab in Hammer? Is it under 'world model'? I have extracted it but don't know how to place it in the map.

gromitigo wrote:
How do you select the prefab in Hammer? Is it under 'world model'? I have extracted it but don't know how to place it in the map.

use the entity placer, and on the right hand side of the screen where you select prop_static/info_player_start..etc just above that there is a drop down box that says entities, change that to prefabs

Thanks I'll have a look at it, will save me some time figuring some stuff out.

Why would you bump a thread that is 2 months old? :notwant:

[Important Threads] Forum Rules | Welcome to the new Thinking With Portals
Please do not Private Message me for assistance. Post a thread if you have questions or concerns.
If you need to contact the staff privately, contact the Global Moderators via Discord.
PreviousPage 2 of 2