Please or Register to create posts and topics.

[RELEASE] PMK Map Pack 1

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next

Advanced chamber 3 crashes me to desktop. No matter what I do, I will get a "hl2.exe has stopped working" before I leave the first room. It usually happens in mid fling. Please make your maps... work, for lack of a better term. I am using Vista, so this may be the source of the problem. Normal chamber 3 works fine (and is my favorite of the three main maps), but whenever I get airborne in the advanced version, my portal session is abruptly closed.

Otherwise, excellent work. I'm very impressed, and would like to see this in the community spotlight once you get the crashes solved. The idea of "mini-maps" as I call them is great. Just long enough to be fun, and they hint at great new things to come. The red and blue doors were cool - they, if nothing else, deserve a full test chamber or two.

Crashes aside, these maps do have some minor problems, but for your first contribution to TWP, I'm really, really impressed. I look foreword to more!

Double post by accident, delete please.

I'll look into it but I can't promise anything cos it works fine with my system but then again I've got XP. Could you pin point exactly what you last did before the crash and I'll try and found out why its doing so.

Thanks,
Maz

mazk1985 wrote:
I'll look into it but I can't promise anything cos it works fine with my system but then again I've got XP. Could you pin point exactly what you last did before the crash and I'll try and found out why its doing so.

Thanks,
Maz

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

Also, can someone spoil how to do advanced chamber 2 for me? I just can't do it fast enough.

EDIT: Reinstalled the map pack, advanced 3 now works. Holy crap, was that tough. Still can't get number two advanced.

cool i'm glad its working now. Funny how reinstalling the same thing works a second time. Gotta love windows :roll:

As for pmk 2 advanced:
[img]http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/4342/2adsolutionnp3.th.jpg[/img]

Spoiler
Sorry, only logged-in users can see spoilers.

As far as im aware thats the quickest way. Infernet89 has made a video thats shows you how to complete all the advanced maps but be prepared to to watch it through several times cos this guy is fast.

http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=6opGwSmEMsc

Maz

GAAAAAH! I beat it, but it didn't recognize! No check mark! You, sir, are evil. This map is insane, and even if you beat it, you don't get the reward for doing so. Well, I'm off to edit my bonus_maps_data.bmd to make it work. Thanks for the diagram though- that was what enabled me to beat it (even though the stupid game doesn't give me credit).

Thanks for the great and challenging maps - I can't remember the last time I've screamed so much at an inanimate object! ;)

Cyclone wrote:
GAAAAAH! I beat it, but it didn't recognize! No check mark! You, sir, are evil. This map is insane, and even if you beat it, you don't get the reward for doing so. Well, I'm off to edit my bonus_maps_data.bmd to make it work. Thanks for the diagram though- that was what enabled me to beat it (even though the stupid game doesn't give me credit).

Thanks for the great and challenging maps - I can't remember the last time I've screamed so much at an inanimate object! ;)

I didnt have any of your problems... why dont you try reinstalling portal? :)

I nearly chose to slow down the ball for v1.1 but I thought it would be unfair on the people who already completed it with the fast ball. I'll be sure not to over do it next time cos yeh its a tad fast. Took me many goes to complete it when I was testing.

v1.2 will be released soon anyway. It will hopefully be the last version so I can concentrate on the next pack

Maz

mazk1985 wrote:
I nearly chose to slow down the ball for v1.1 but I thought it would be unfair on the people who already completed it with the fast ball. I'll be sure not to over do it next time cos yeh its a tad fast. Took me many goes to complete it when I was testing.

v1.2 will be released soon anyway. It will hopefully be the last version so I can concentrate on the next pack

Maz

do not slow it down. i busted my ass playing it like a million times, and i do NOT consider myself a Portal-Ninja... i say it is WAY to fast. but beatable... , i'm glad you decided to leave it.

do NOT click this

Just to let you know v1.2 has been released and it has the following changes:

- Fixed a glitch where the player could walk along the wall in the first room on PMK 3 and PMK 3 Advanced
- Added mist to the goo pit near the exit on PMK 2 and PMK 2 Advanced. Also the lights in the same room have been adjusted to provide more light.
- Fixed the exit door on extra 2 & 6 so the player can't open it by touching it
- Removed one GlaDOS speech from PMK 3 and PMK 3 Advanced to provide some peace and quiet :P
- Lowered the lightmap resolution in all the maps on walls which didn't require good light detail. Managed to decrease overall zipped filesize from 26.1 MB to 23.1 MB
- Few minor texture alignments (Mostly overlays)

Hopefully thats all the annoying bugs/glitches out the way. Full efforts into next map pack :D

PreviousPage 3 of 4Next